LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

This one will do what you want: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=44&osCsid=l0vpgb3eq6ingkdp6b3sksfm92

Just be sure you're comfortable taking the head unit out of the dash, then taking the head unit apart to install the device.

Thanks for the advice. Have you done this yourself? The instructions are a bit more complicated that I had hoped - I have never done anything like this...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was the same way, but after you get into it and start seeing it all it's not to bad. Just be structured in how you take it apart, keep everything together and make sure you're not forcing anything. It all comes apart without breaking no problem. Here is a video that helped me when I was doing mine. It's not great but it's good seeing it all open.

The end result is well worth it and I can honestly say I don't know how I survived without it.

Just gotta go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

The problem that I just ran into was in my 06 LGT limited (auto climate controls) I can still hear music playing from the aux input while listening to the radio. We installed one in my buddies 06 outback (manual climate controls) and his does not do this. It cuts sounds to his aux when the radio is playing.

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to chime in with another stamp of approval for Jazzy and his board.

I've had mine installed for a week and I love it. I sprung for the ground loop isolator and highly recommend it. I also run a Fiio E6 headphone amp in the car since I'm using my Android phone with the aux cable. I still have to turn my volume up more than I do listening to the radio or a CD, but not nearly as much as without the E6.

Installation took me the better part of a day, but I had never done anything like this before, so I was being very slow and methodical. Plus, I installed an oem subwoofer at the same time, which I had to un-install from my old car. I also ran into a few VERY stubborn screws and plugs that took time to tackle properly.

The instructions were very good. There is a lot that has to be taken apart, and the process is fiddly, but not difficult. The wording for the step about plugging in the ribbon cable and having it "face the passenger side of the unit" is a little confusing, but if you look at the ribbon cable there is a metallic side on the end, and that matches to a corresponding metallic side on the spot where you plug it in on the CD player. Simple as that.

Overall, the sound quality is fantastic and I love that the install looks completely stock. I would definitely buy this again, and encourage anyone on the fence because of the install to go for it. Just take your time and keep all the different screws organized!

Just a small note that I traded in my 2005 Outback (for a 2015 XV) recently, and included the installed Jazzy board - with instructions and a blank CD. No feedback from the dealer on that upgrade/mod, but presumably they saw it as OK or even a value-add.

Given that I now have built-in USB, Aux and Bluetooth methods of interacting with my mobile devices, the Jazzy board was my primary method of sanity when dealing with CD-swapping - even for a car which could handle multiple CDs - that became something of a hassle over the years. Definitely worth the cost.

- wader

Edited by wader

Infamous tackled this job for me while he was doing other things and did a great job. Got the version with the lightning iPod cable routed to the armrest storage compartment. Initially we thought we had low volume issues but my wife reports there was a way to adjust the volume at the source so the stereo didn't have to stay at level 40 to achieve the desired sound level. My daughter is happy because the iPod cable reaches to the backseat and she can play dj. I can't believe I didn't get this done a few years ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Hey I read that this works on Canadian radios but not ones with Celsius climate controls.

I have both. Will the auxmod work for me?

http://i.imgur.com/HxKUE7L.jpg

I have an 05GT with Celsius controls and it works like a champ :) So yes, it works great!

• 2 weeks later...
I was the same way, but after you get into it and start seeing it all it's not to bad. Just be structured in how you take it apart, keep everything together and make sure you're not forcing anything. It all comes apart without breaking no problem. Here is a video that helped me when I was doing mine. It's not great but it's good seeing it all open.

The end result is well worth it and I can honestly say I don't know how I survived without it.

Just gotta go for it!

Lol love that dudes voice.. "well.. didn't work the first time I tried putting it back together.." if anyone has done this. Does it override all of the CD drives so no CD function is available or just one? Not sure if it was mentioned or not.

• I Donated
Lol love that dudes voice.. "well.. didn't work the first time I tried putting it back together.." if anyone has done this. Does it override all of the CD drives so no CD function is available or just one? Not sure if it was mentioned or not.

Just one. And it overrides everything all the time. It will lay audio over your FM radio, or whatever CD you're playing, that's why it comes with a blank CD to play.

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated
I purchased this kit 5 years ago. It was only set up for 3.5mm headphone jack at that point. I do not know what improvements have been made since then but I recommend getting a bluetooth receiver for it anyways. Allows for stealth install and don't have to constantly plug/unplug things

I purchased this kit 5 years ago. It was only set up for 3.5mm headphone jack at that point. I do not know what improvements have been made since then but I recommend getting a bluetooth receiver for it anyways. Allows for stealth install and don't have to constantly plug/unplug things

Ok. That really helps. Still debating this option or just installing an 07 setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk