LegacyGT.com

Smith Cairns Jeep Subaru?

g2redgsr

i have with my stutter issue and if you ask me it was a total pain in the ass. I told them and showed them bulletins for the car for the issue (they had a reflash for it) and then they told me that it was normal, then took it back and said it was a coil pack issue, so after that i gave up and got an AP and its basically gone. Both times i waited for them to even see me there and write up my car for about 15 min or so. I dont know if they thought that i could be treated different because i worked for honda as a tech or what, but i felt like i was ignored.

sigh, ever since i started dealing with them i have been treated like crap, one of the sales guys is an ASS...HOLE....and i had an issue with the foglight not working when i bought the car, asked them to replace it, they did, it was A DIFFERENT COLOR! clearly yellow, and clearly white...they obviously dont check the car after they work on it....also when i picked up the car when i first bought it they told me "yup it was detailed and inspected from top to bottom" WRONG. the inside had fingerprints and oil stains, it was worse than when i test drove it...they didnt even touch it, unless you count the mechanics.... now today i had it brought in to "actually check the alignment" since they told me they did before but really didnt, they just rotated my brand new tires in front to the back thinking i would think they fixed it and that was the problem...(this was about a week ago)...now i go to pick up the car because their "alignment machine isn't broken anymore" and i drive out and the streering wheel is cocked 2 inches to the right! why not test drive the car after you work on it...i would if i was a mechanic....idk needed to vent and wanted to see if anyone else had any issues with them. Once i'm able too i'm no longer a customer.:spin:

well i work right down the road at honda and do my own work on my subaru there. I only went there because it was like 5 seconds away from work. When i brought my car in for the stutter issue they drove the car for like 20 min, they told me to wait a min and he will be back in a min...20 min later, he comes back. I know they were beatin the shit outta of it too, i smelled clutch as soon as i got in. Now when i test drive cars its a quick and simple up the road and back (depending on the problem of course) 5 miles is my usual loop. I NEVER BEAT THE CAR (i know what your all thinking...) Unless the customer states "under heavy acceleration" do i ever beat on the car. On the service advisor side of things, i felt like i was ignored and it just isn't pleasant. They have a new service manager twice in a couple weeks when i got there. Never managers every month or two is a very bad sign of a shop imho.

Boy, after reading all the dealer horror stories on this site, I continue to gain appreciation for my dealer...same two service managers since I purchased my car June 2005, recognize my voice when I call, never a question on warranty issues, sometimes stretching the rules to cover stuff under warranty, mod friendly (my car isn't modded, but I see modded WRXs sitting around when I take my car in for service).

After buying numerous new cars during my 57 years, this is the best dealer I've ever dealt with by far.

^ im not jealous or anything..lol That being said. The honda dealer i work for has had the same service manager for 10+ years and basically the same group of techs for 5+ years and the service advisors have been there for 3+ (ive only be there 3)

ah cool, we should set up a meet your the closest person near me, let me know if your interested. BTW Finally they fixed the alignment but first of all it still pulls to the right "its normal because its set up for right hand drive roads"? is this true? its only a slight pull but i dont understand why they would do that...also for SOME reason they disconnected my battery when it was in today and are denying that they did so, why i cannot understand...

i dont see why they would disconnect the battery. As for the alignment my wheel has been off SLIGHTLY since delivery 20K miles ago. I just dont care enough to change it, and i could do it myself if i wasn't lazy about it. but the alignment rack is supposed to compensate for road crown. Most roads will slope from left to right slightly downward. So if your driving on a straight and level section of road it may seem like its off.

ok, i finally found out why they disconnected the battery, they had to take the airbag out to move the steering wheel(which that scares the crap out of me after it took 3 times for them to align it correctly) but anyway it still feels the same he told me that "they get people in all the time because they think the alignments off because its set up for roads in japan which is right hand drive..." now does the guy think im stupid? or is there actually some...truth...to this?

Archived