New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

ok, this sucks, i was all pumped to do this this afternoon and i CANNOT get those g*damn bolts to budge. i think i ruined my ratchet. it slips in the loosening direction now. any tips on getting these things off?? i don't think a breaker bar will work, cause i basically already broke my ratchet.

i tried with an open end wrench, but not enough muscle.

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

Probably going to need to cut it off with a hack saw (that is if you don't have access to air tools) If not...you can torch em off.

On a side note, i tried this today for the first time and WOW, i love it. This will be great until i get my perrin exhaust. Heres a vid of my car with the exhaust mod. (BTW i have 3 washers)

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

ok, this sucks, i was all pumped to do this this afternoon and i CANNOT get those g*damn bolts to budge. i think i ruined my ratchet. it slips in the loosening direction now. any tips on getting these things off?? i don't think a breaker bar will work, cause i basically already broke my ratchet.

i tried with an open end wrench, but not enough muscle.

Buy some PB Blaster and spray those bolts every few hours. Then, let it sit overnight and tackle it the next morning. If that doesn't work, you'll need new bolts (and have them taken off). Replace them with stainless and you're golden.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

i have all the stainless parts already, had a few lying around at work, so total cost of this mod, bolts, washers and nuts.... $0.

Now, if i can just the bolts off.

Now, if i can just the bolts off.

Air gun?

Spray WD-40 on them, drive the car around for a while to heat up the bolts or use a soldering torch or heat gun. This should do the trick, worked for me.

My wife's balls are delicious.

On a side note, i tried this today for the first time and WOW, i love it. This will be great until i get my perrin exhaust. Heres a vid of my car with the exhaust mod. (BTW i have 3 washers)

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/Hawk037/?action=view&current=subyexhaust.flv

Nice video!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/lukebuz/Untitled-1copy.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

got it. i ended up using a closed end wrench on the bolt head, then jamming the handle of the now useles ratchet in the open end of the wrench as a breaker bar. with some WD-40, got it loose. Actually replaced with some nice 316 SS SHCS, and nuts. Shiny!

man, this thing rumbles. i went with 3 flat washers on both (.150" total). My favorite is turning the engine over and letting it idle. i love that.

Nice video!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/lukebuz/Untitled-1copy.jpg

:lol: haha, i know, i was really debating not posting it because of that, but i figured whatever...i just got out of work and things were a little sweaty and sticky. In the end, despite the adjustment, it sounds good.

Had the HOGZAUST on the wagon (2 washers) for a few days and I really liked the deep sound at start up. Not too loud, but enough to make my wife come to see what was going on with the car (she liked it). Put it back to stock to take the car in to the service department.

Anyone know if any of the aftermarket CBEs are this loud (or softer) and have the nice burble like this?

Sorry, I wasn't too clear with the question.

I like the sound characteristics of the Hogzaust, but will be looking for a CBE soon.

Are there any CBEs out there that sound similar to the Hogzaust?

Well i just got done reading this long thread. I am still not sure if it sounds good on a N/A legacy 2.5i. Some have liked others have not. I have a 5MT, so if anyone else has tried i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks, Adam

I might try it anyways it is easily reversible.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64133

Post #14 - The Megan Racing hogzaust

I'm kinda liking this idea.

I've been thinking about a Megan Racing CBE. I was almost afraid the MR exhaust would be louder than I want, but it seems it's relatively quiet, so I'm warming to the idea of a Megan Racing Hogzaust.

I guess that's my next project...

I dunno, if I'm going to spend that kind of money on exhaust I'd rather like the sound as is for the cost.

I know that you'll get the added performance, and then you can "hog it" to get the sound...but I don't know.

If I was looking for performance & sound, I'd leave my stock CBE "hogged" and just get an electronic cutout.

Then, I can have power on-demand, but still have the sound I want elsewhere, all for less than half the price.

But then again....MR is a nice system...::frown::

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!