LegacyGT.com

Thanks Subaru of America! You Did me a solid!

I just wanted to put a good word in for S.O.A. They really came through for me.

So about a month ago my turbo died and took my engine with it. I managed to find my maintenance records and after a few long weeks of waiting Subaru got back to me with great news. After talking to the Subaru shop it was deemed that the turbo failure wasn't due to any negligence on my part.

They treated my car as if it was under an extended warranty and replaced the turbo & short block while rebuilding the rest of the engine for $100.

I just got my car back last night! :dm:

I just wanted to thank everyone who was thinking positive and giving me generally good advice. And..... I will be keeping my seats and CA's now ;-)

Thanks Subaru for standing by your product and taking a lot of stress off this new dad. My baby girl looks good in a Subaru ;-)

You definitely didn't learn a lesson if you think it must be certified.

Your lesson should be that even though you are meticulous with your upkeep and maintenance, things still happen for the worse.

What dealer did you go to? What part of CT you in?

You definitely didn't learn a lesson if you think it must be certified.

Your lesson should be that even though you are meticulous with your upkeep and maintenance, things still happen for the worse.

What dealer did you go to? What part of CT you in?

Let me clarify. No I do not think a car NEEDS to be certified. But the situation would have been half the headache as I would have had warranty.

I'm in NH, I don't know how my profile got switched to CT:confused:

I disagree. Even a certified car may have been abused in a past life. Nobody knows the condition of main/rod bearings and there would be no evidence of abuse caused by long OCIs or poor oil choice. Proper maintenance should 99.99% of the time result in a long lasting motor.

lol

I disagree. Even a certified car may have been abused in a past life. Nobody knows the condition of main/rod bearings and there would be no evidence of abuse caused by long OCIs or poor oil choice. Proper maintenance should 99.99% of the time result in a long lasting motor.

:spin::spin::spin::rolleyes::lol:

OP that's awesome News

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Doc, My point on certified was the warranty. But your points are absolutely valid. I'm just happy it worked out for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived