LegacyGT.com

a Post-purchase question, returning car on lease.

spinny2559

So my 08 Legacy is going back this week (38K miles).

My question is this: How lenient are they with damage?

I have a $1000 allowance for normal wear and tear. I know I have the $300 disposition fee, and about $375 in mile overages. I just got the damage appraised by a company appointed by Chase Financial, and an additional $900 of excess wear and tear was there.

However, he did not drive the car, and did not hear a knocking sound that I hear when I drive. If this is the suspension, or a sway bar, or something going, am I liable for that under the normal use of a car on lease?

Also, the skid plate came off maybe 2 years ago. The guy didn't find it in the inspection, but do you think they will find it after the new inspection?

thanks!!

Why would there be a second inspection? It is usually only one and that is it. They never drive the lease returns. I used to work at dealerships, and the inspector would never drive the cars. Once you get your paperwork you are done.

After that anything that they find bad is not your problem. At least that is what I saw.

X

---

Why would there be a second inspection? It is usually only one and that is it. They never drive the lease returns. I used to work at dealerships, and the inspector would never drive the cars. Once you get your paperwork you are done.

After that anything that they find bad is not your problem. At least that is what I saw.

X

I requested a pre-return inspection so I would have an idea of what to expect when I return the car. But from what I understand from the dealership I will be returning my car to, they don't actually do the inspection. The car is given back to Subaru who has their own people or company who does it.

Yeah it is a company. The check for painted panels, excess wear on tires, interior, miles and other BS thing. They usually do it at your house, or at the dealership. I have returned a few leases and the inspection has always been the same. They never drive the car.

GL

X

---

Archived