LegacyGT.com

Flooded Upholstry

XLeezardx

My car just got about 2 inches of water inside the car after being submerged in a flood after hard rain. The whole rear passenger side foot well got 2 inches of water and front passenger got about .5 inch. Carpet was soaked, just wet vacced most of the water out. Now.... what to do? Should I rip out all of my carpet upholstry?

You'll probably have to but try this (heard this on the radio for someone in your condition). See if HD or Lowes have industrial strength desicannt - maybe try a Google search for Dallas. It comes in like 25 pound bags, You leave the stuff in the bag. Dallas is stil hot so, leave the windows partially open with this stuff on the floor and park in the sun. Or, try a few auto-body shops who may have some other tricks.

Happened to my parents maxima. We just wet-vac'ed it out, use towels to get the rest of the moisture out... then put a few of those moisture absorbers in the car...

car was fine. no smell, no problem.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Do what i did. Take the front seats out, lift the rear seats, remove the center console (pretty easy), and then undo the few plastic clips and the door sills and the carpet will come out.

Only true way to get it dry. Under the carpet is a rubbery foam substance. Laying it out in the lawn will dry it (then flip it) etc after hosing/power washing it. This gives you the chance to towel dry to interior. Anything less risks mold forming etc.

Archived