LegacyGT.com

Legacy S Concept @ Tokyo Auto Salon

chenc544

Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if it's a repost.

Looks like a Legacy with bunch of STI parts. If someone could translate the webpage it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.subaru.jp/as2008/e_car/details/details7.html

I think the fender vent looks good on the leggy but it has been way overdone lately on all the tuner/concept cars. There is even a fake one on the silly '08 Focus... Anyway discuss away.

http://www.subaru.jp/as2008/e_car/details/img/ph_details7_01.jpg

There is also the Impreza NA Concept by STI.

http://www.subaru.jp/as2008/e_car/details/img/ph_details8_01.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

non turbo STI = WEAKSAUCE!!!!

Legacy S... I love the 'S' moniker, and have always liked it on Porsche. I have wanted to call my car a Legacy Turbo S for a while...

Now with a sliver of credibility from Japan, maybe I can! :D

Chrome REs are a bit much. The three-intake 3.0R Spec B front bumper is cool, and the STI mesh grille is VERY cool. Heaven forbid we get some good brakes.

Fender vent seems tacked on. hardly worthy. heat management might not be a bad idea, though. I would have liked fender flares better, though.

Face it, though. SOA would love to ignore the Legacy to extinction, if FHI would let them, but they can't seem to bite the bullet to kill the only real sedan they have left.

I have lost most hope that SOA can support the Legacy properly at this point. They aren't only not keeping up, they are backsliding with fewer options, fewer colors, and fewer bodystyles.

I dont see what the big deal is. Nothing special about this car. Not every car made needs ricer treatment.

If Subaru wants to do an S model along the same lines as BMW's M series fine. I am all for expensive powerhouse special editions. Mazda does it with the very limited MazdaSpeed line. At least there is an actual performance boost though. But to just rice out the legacy with silly badges and vents like a Socal teenager with mommy's credit card...no thanks

I hope Subaru does come out with a real Legacy STI in the future. That could get scary.

At least there is an actual performance boost though. But to just rice out the legacy with silly badges and vents like a Socal teenager with mommy's credit card...no thanks

You should read the translated page before making that statement.

"The ultimate Grand Touring Car" development concept, the STI is sensible to give presents that can run supreme ultimate legacy. 2.5L turbo engine equipped with a dedicated, high - and low-turnover FURATTOTORUKU rotation from the area at the same time achieve more powerful."

I assume that means STI has managed to increase the power, maybe with a new turbo...

"12. Strengthen Transmission" Upgraded transmission

"14. Sports muffler" STI CBE

"15. Oncoming F 6 pot BURENBOBUREKI" 6 pot front calipers

"16. Pot 2 R oncoming BURENBOBUREKI" 2 pot rear calipers

"17. PISUDISUKUROTA F2 (Φ340)" 13.4" front rotors

"18. DISUKUROTA R (Φ316)" 12.4" rear rotors

"20. Coil spring" Upgraded STI springs

There are also bunch of other things that didn't really translated. I'm sure some of them are performance parts too not just bling.

Plasma, or whatever... they somehow seem a little "bling" to me. silver painted wheels, even on the RE's would be better, IMHO.

Yeah, not really feeling the RE's. The new wheels on the '08 STI would be nice. The dark gray version would have look nice on that silver Leggy. BTW, anybody know if the 2008 STI uses 5X100 or 5X114?

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee9fbf2/cmd.233/embedded..ee9fbfe

pretty sure that it is 5x114.3.

But with 6 and *2 (rear)* piston brakes and an STI badge, maybe that Legacy would be compatible, and has 5x114.3 hubs. I wish the Legacy had that STI setup.

The only superfluous thing on the JDM Legacy S, is the fender vents. (and that probably just a new thing to slightly parallel the chrome stripe on the STI fender, shown above)

STI is a reputable tuning arm of Subaru, and not an aftermarket tuner. I welcome their badging on the Legacy, and wish there were an official way to put that on a US Legacy, along with most of that equipment.

Sans bright finish wheels, and the fender vents, that Legacy S (I keep wanting to call it "Legacy Turbo S") is a nice option, and nicely free of large amounts of "rice", actually. It has no body kit, aside from the front bumper, which is a piece from the 3.0R Spec B, IIRC. It has no large wings, or big flashy trim, aside from those bright wheels.

Keep in mind, it is japanese, and this is their option to get the 2.5 Turbo engine. They normally get the 2.0 Twin Scroll turbo in their GT and GT spec B.

I think I am going to use this as a way to build a Legacy Turbo S out of my '05. (pie in the sky, at this point. I have no modding cash right now...)

-08 STI turbo, intercooler, and intake, and compatible AP map.

-Aftermarket downpipe to my Megan Racing/Magnaflow hybrid CBE

-Brembo 6-piston and 2-piston brakes

-GT Spec B or STI 6MT and compatible Torsen rear diff.

-Bilsteins, top hats, and Ion Springs, with upgraded anti-roll bars and links. (actually plausible, later this year)

-Cusco suspension/subframe bracing.

-JDM Spec B bumper conversion with K2Gear front bumper cover, black CF/mesh grille, with 06-current STI grille badge.

-07-08 JDM rear bumper (possibly also K2 07-08 compatible bumper cover) and tail light conversion, with rear foglights. (fog has been so thick in the midwest on several occaisions since christmas, that I really want rear fogs now.)

Outback/Corazon fender flares without the outback's body cladding, all painted to match my Garnet Red paint.

07-08 USDM console upgrade (stereo with Aux in, new silver trim wrapping onto glovebox lid.)

Sounds like a Turbo S to me. :D Maybe while painting the new body parts, I could convince the painter to pull the subaru badge off the trunk, fill the holes for the badge, and the OE spoiler, and fit the K2Gear or STI rear lip spoiler, and replace the subaru oval with "Turbo S" from the Porsche, and relocate the oval to the lower right or left, next to the STI trunk badge, or opposite of it.

But the question is, with AWD... would it be better described as a Legacy Turbo 4S. (like the Carrera 4S, which is AWD, with turbo body, but no turbos. The Turbo S has no "4")

Yeah, not so much on the fender vent. Yes, please! on the BBS wheels. Yummy.

Maybe the additional power is from mating the 2.5L block to the 2.0L's twin scroll turbo? I can hope, can't I?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

What's interesting is that they widened the front fenders...but not the rears. I'm assuming because it's a lot more complicated to make a new piece for that section, while the front fenders are a simple adjustment to the mold/easy to one-off. BUt if they had done this car as a true widebody all around, THAT woulda been hot, even with the ugly fender vent!

FURATTOTORUKU = "flat torque"

1 = Front Lip Spoiler (carbon)

2 = Front Grill

3 = Extended Front Fender

4 = Metallic paint Door Mirror

5 = Rear spoiler

6 = leather seats

7 = panel trim

8 = inner black trim

9 = Shift knob

10 = Sidesill plate

11 = Carpet mat

12 = Strengthened transmission

13 = Painted engine cover

14 = Sports muffler

15 & 16 = "BURENBOBUREKI" = Brembos

17 = Front 2-piece disk rotor

18 = Rear Disk rotor

19 = Bilstein

20 = Coil Springs

21 = Front flexible tower bar

22 = 18" BBS aluminum wheels

23 = Bridgestones

24 = keyed lugnut

. . . does seem like a nice bin of parts should I pick up that 08/09 Legacy GT this summer . . .

leaning more toward a LGT since I'm getting too old to futz with shifting all the time . . .

Archived