LegacyGT.com

My seat squeaks

mikesae

My driver's seat has started squeaking when my weight shifts forward and back ie. when pressing the clutch pedal in, accelerating, etc.

It sounds to be coming from underneath, no matter what position the seat's in. It's a base model, manually adjusted seat.

Just wondering if anyone's experienced this?

I wonder if there's a point that can be lubed?

Going to the dealer is usually my last option :)

Mine does the same. It happened a while ago and I brought it in and they told me they worked on it and it should be better now. If it wasn't, just bring the car back and they'd replace the seat.

That said, the seat stopped squeaking for a while, and now it's slowly coming back. I'll be bring the car back probably in the spring time.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I had the same problem with the car I had before this one. Honda ended up putting out a recall notice on the seats. It had something to do with the shims if I remember correctly. They never gave me a new seat, they just fixed the problem....again....and again....and again... Hopefully Subaru will fix it once and that's it!

I've snugged the 4 main seat mounting bolts, no change.

I'll have a look underneath the seat when the snow clears and see if there's anything that can be lubed or adjusted.

I have a manual seat, though so I'm not sure if it'll help everyone else here...

Checking in on the seat squeak! Every time the cluth is touched:( I've found it won't do it if I lower the front of the seat (supporting your thighs) down all the way. But I can't drive like that, so I just turn the radio up.

• 4 weeks later...

My driver's seat does this as well! I have an 08 Spec B which has a power seat. I have to remember to mention this to the dealer the next time I take the car in.

The seat has squeaked since I bought the car. A few months ago I unbolted the seat to get to the nav underneath and put it back together with no change. It doesn't sound like a squeak coming from the bolts at the bottom, but somewhere inside the seat.

Anyone else had any luck with the dealer about this?

Update: My non-power seat squeaks when my weight shifts ie. pressing on the clutch.

I had a look underneath; it could be the mechanism that adjusts the seat height. My seat it usually all the way down. I raised the height slightly and the noise has disappeared.

When the weather gets better I'll put some grease where the 2 surfaces touch when the seat's all the way down.

Archived