LegacyGT.com

midpipe or mufflers?

GTennisrls

I recently went stage 2 with cobb catless DP and UP. I'm not really satisfied with the exhaust tone as its kind of raspy and more noisy from the engine. Any suggestions as to which I should change if I don't want to do the hogzaust? As in getting rid of the midpipe resonator to aftermarket or getting aftermarket mufflers? Which would be overall louder or more boxer sounding? Thanks

Like they said, if you want louder get mufflers. Taking the resonator out will make it louder, but not too much. I had a local muffler shop fab up a 3 inch pipe from the downpipe to the y piping for the mufflers and took out the resonator. It was louder, but not by much. I had my muffler gaskets cut at the bottom, kinda hogzahust, but when I had the work done I sealed them back up and it is slightly louder now. Any louder and the wife would complain.

Removing the resonator is cheaper than buying mufflers, so that might be a deciding factor.

swap the y pipe. gives it slightly more power, little nasty growl down low, but still quiet. i love passing people quietly. they have no idea how hard im on it or not. its great. keeps them wondering how fast it is.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived