LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed Turbo Heat Shield Intsalled

Today my new GrimmSpeed Turbo Heat shield arrived in the mail. I also got off work early today so it was perfect timing and I dived right in (not like it was a big deal or anything).

The install went flawlessly, not only does it clear everything very well, I feel like it is also a very solid piece. With the supplied bolts that came with it, I don't anticipate any rattling issues, but I will make updates on that.

All in all for a little more than $70 shipped from rallysport direct I feel like it was a very good deal and a much better investment than the SPT or COBB pieces.

Enjoy the pics!

heat11.jpg.d9316412bcdb18314a4e888adf776eda.jpg

heat10.jpg.a54fe32cebdc53c9b65d55cb831a4970.jpg

heat8.jpg.f19a1a61e097b1bd6f749480db0c5fcd.jpg

heat7.jpg.02ad80324aad41a7687045b1ac46eb1b.jpg

heat6.jpg.28553bbf5aa2dbdaea0829557ad2fbce.jpg

heat5.jpg.5912b3d117603d4dbbbfdefa3f80200b.jpg

heat4.jpg.f959434ae19045a95efbc8cb6b0b8f34.jpg

heat3.jpg.6a905d54402f393bd64de4f35e5e00e0.jpg

heat2.jpg.2aaba973d5d1f5c5753dc0348ace3637.jpg

heat1.jpg.32d8b427882ef669d2ac12c3f479cf53.jpg

Just wanted to say I put like 250 miles on my car this weekend and I am really impressed at how cool the engine bay is now after long drives. I have to say I was an idiot to not have put some heatshield on after I went stage 2. I can only imagine how pissed my intercooler was me! I had wrapped my down pipe, but had nothing over the turbo.

I just picked up a Cobb heat shield from a friend of mine with a ridiculous fast bugeye. He went to an external wastegate and the heat shield didn't fit anymore. I love the looks of a heat shield, plus people see the name Cobb, Grimmspeed, Perrin, etc and they know that you have a tuned up car.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I want one!!

My WRX used to have on it all that Grimmspeed makes (at the time) and you're right. Their attention to detail rivals my own ...:eek:

I have to first order an OEM bracket as I lost mine.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• 1 month later...

Any tips for wiggling this new heatshield in place? The old one came out no problem but it seems like I'm rubbing up against the intercooler.. it just won't drop in place. I have P/N 092002. I have a Legacy GT Wagon. I assume it is universal fitment for all turbo subbies? Is removal of the intercooler necessary?

Thanks

Ok.. I did have to take the intercooler off. More like I unbolted most of it then wiggled it out of the way then dropped the Grimmspeed heatshield in.

Here is a pic of the bottom of the heatshield pinching some hoses that I just could not move out of the way. And a final shot. Worth it? Time will tell. This is my first mod and I really wanted to do it just so I could see the outside of the turbo. Glad I did as one of the studs from the turbo to the (upipe or downpipe?) was missing its nut.

P9180688.thumb.jpg.a8e294548a5182a1fb2610778c165bc9.jpg

P9180689.thumb.jpg.7064b6f7fe945acbd205a5aa0dfe761d.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm8g1FM4HLA]YouTube - GrimmSpeed Subaru Turbo Heat Shield Install[/ame] Check it out at 1:48!

It is tough but it does fit with some patience, you can remove the TMIC and if you watch our AOS install video for your car it will help with that as well.

Good luck and feel free to call us with any questions!

Will

• 11 months later...

just installed this this past saturday. Seemed a little tight to drop it in and twist it around over the turbo without scratching it. So i unbolted the TMIC and there's a bracket holding some wiring screwed to the pass-side fender, with those two areas pushed away it easily dropped in.

also my OEM heatshield had 8 bolts, i think the instructions off Grimmspeed's website said there would be 7, so there was a moment of hesitation just to make sure i didnt remove an unnecessary bolt.

• 1 month later...
[..] used to have on it all that Grimmspeed makes (at the time) and you're right. Their attention to detail rivals my own ...:eek: [..]

Searched and found this thread. This quote right here is reason enough for my to buy the GrimmSpeed Heat Shield, Up-pipe, and gaskets.

:jedi:

Archived