LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner/Access Tuner Race Discussion Thread

rao

The car have dp, 3" cat back, k&n filter, tranny insert, oil cooler, aem fuel pump. I change the fuel pump because during dyno pulls the afr was getting higher with no fuel changes, so the tuner diagnose a fuel pump mal-function. After the fuel pump replacement the afr was better but not significantly to complete a safe tune.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest digging for leaks or smoke testing the system.

Like I mentioned before, with the light mod list its probably something simple like a leak allowing unmetered air. Did your tuner suggest anything or offer to do any mechanical inspections *obviously for a fee*

Its really hard to say with no real data to go off.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 3 weeks later...
Problem found. The new AEM intank fuel pump doen not operate in my subaru as supposed (voltage regulation). Change the set-up to a Wallbro and the problem's gone. Now I will complete my custom tunning. Looks like the AEM needs a relay added to the voltage supply.

• 5 months later...

Not sure about all this but...

I think there is only one Primary Fuel table that both CL and OL use...the CL tables are just basically telling the ECU when to utilize the O2 sensor to monitor and when to abandon it and go solely on MAF, and things like that (correct?).

In closed loop, I assume (though could be wrong) that ECU checks MAF, fuels according to that and the fuel table, while monitoring AFR via O2 sensor and tweaking based on the sensor reading (fuel trims). (Maybe it goes solely off of O2 sensor for fueling, but I'm guessing it's MAF, tweaked with O2 readings.)

In OL, the ECU goes off MAF only...it says "hey, the O2 sensor isn't probably accurate at this point, there's X amount of air coming in according to MAF so I need Y amount of fuel". If the MAF calibration is off, you could be dangerously lean and have knock issues, etc., as there's no O2 sensor monitoring things (there is knock control of course, but not cool to rely solely on that). This is why you use a wide band O2 sensor to check the AFRs to see if they're where they should be. If they're not, either the MAF calibration is off, the injector scalar is off, the injectors/pump have issues, or there are intake leaks (more air is getting in than MAF sees...this would probably have to be larger leaks), etc.

Ok, I'll let the people who know what they're talking about chime in. I don't have time right now to read all the saved info I have somewhere on my computer...

P.S. Cobb and others (including some posts on this forum I believe) on how to calibrate MAF, etc. I'd read all those.

Edited by caramall2

• 1 year later...

Could I ask somebody with a MY05-06 and an Accessport to use Accesstuner Race to look at the off-the-shelf maps designed for the SF intake and get me the tables for the "MAF Calibration" and "MAF Compensation (Intake Temp)"? They're under the "Sensor Calibrations" directory in the Accesstuner Race software.

Thanks!

you are the tits. PM'd you my email, thanks! please make sure it's the SF intake maps. While I'm here, I suppose I could also ask people about my idea:

Cobb doesn't make off-the-shelf maps for the 2007-2009 LGT that are configured for their short intake. Mine is a 2008. They do, however, make those maps for the 2006-2007. They only make one LGT intake that physically fits all of 2005-2009, so I was thinking about creating a modified version of the appropriate off-the-shelf map where I plug in the MAF calibration data that Cobb used in the 2006-2007 off-the-shelf maps. I've talked to a few knowledgable people off of the forums about it, and it seems like it should work fine. Thoughts?

• 5 months later...
you are the tits. PM'd you my email, thanks! please make sure it's the SF intake maps. While I'm here, I suppose I could also ask people about my idea:

Cobb doesn't make off-the-shelf maps for the 2007-2009 LGT that are configured for their short intake. Mine is a 2008. They do, however, make those maps for the 2006-2007. They only make one LGT intake that physically fits all of 2005-2009, so I was thinking about creating a modified version of the appropriate off-the-shelf map where I plug in the MAF calibration data that Cobb used in the 2006-2007 off-the-shelf maps. I've talked to a few knowledgable people off of the forums about it, and it seems like it should work fine. Thoughts?

Have you done this? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but realized I couldn't open the '05-'06 maps with AT since I have an '07. What a pain, Cobb.

At the moment, I took the 93 Stg2 map, and added a global 10% increase along the MAF calibration table. I'm running slightly rich over high throttle (11.7ish instead of 12.3 or so targets), which I'm OK with for now until I get a dyno tune.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you done this? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but realized I couldn't open the '05-'06 maps with AT since I have an '07. What a pain, Cobb.

At the moment, I took the 93 Stg2 map, and added a global 10% increase along the MAF calibration table. I'm running slightly rich over high throttle (11.7ish instead of 12.3 or so targets), which I'm OK with for now until I get a dyno tune.

Woops, sorry, I thought I answered this. I didn't end up trying this for 2 reasons:

1. I don't trust that the result will actually be appropriate for the car. It could be totally off and I would have no idea.
  2. I've noticed that the off-the-shelf maps seem to act really weird for me, so I'd like to just get away from them entirely and do a legit dyno tune. With the off-the-shelf stage 2 map, during a full-throttle runup in 2nd gear, I always lose power around 3500 RPM for a split second and then get it right back, causing the car to jerk, sometimes violently. Of course it could be something else, but I'm willing to bet that it's the map's fault.

• 5 months later...
Is anyone using their AP on a windows 10 computer? I've got no issues using ATR and the AP manager on my windows 7 laptop, but it never recognizes the AP on the Win10 desktop I have. Every time I connect the AP it says its connecting and then attempts to get the info for about a minute and simply states "failed to connect" every time. I've already tried uninstalling the software and drivers and starting from scratch but no luck. I will just stick to the laptop as I always have, but if anyone has gotten it to work I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Is anyone using their AP on a windows 10 computer? I've got no issues using ATR and the AP manager on my windows 7 laptop, but it never recognizes the AP on the Win10 desktop I have. Every time I connect the AP it says its connecting and then attempts to get the info for about a minute and simply states "failed to connect" every time. I've already tried uninstalling the software and drivers and starting from scratch but no luck. I will just stick to the laptop as I always have, but if anyone has gotten it to work I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I am. No problems at all. AP v3, Asus Zenbook UX31E, I've had it on 10 since Tech Preview.

It almost sounds like a power issue with that particular USB port. Could you get your hands on a powered USB hub to plug the AP into?

• 4 months later...