LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

even an nissian maxima shifts instantly on its cvt manual mode setting.

but the 5 eat i'm sure will also with aftermarket controls.

my grand prix tranny shifted instantly once i took control of it.

What controller did you use on the Grand Prix?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

What controller did you use on the Grand Prix?

two micro switches combined with a punchhole on the side of ratchit shifter.

and a toggel switch for tcc

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

two micro switches combined with a punchhole on the side of ratchit shifter.

and a toggel switch for tcc

Dear G-d that is awesome. Wish the 5EAT only had two shift solenoids.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

is there anyone you recommend in pgh pa to install this? i know my way around a car, but tearing into an auto tranny terrifies me. would aamco or someplace similar be able to handle this? i want to do this so if i decide to go for higher hp, im safe to do so...

Dear G-d that is awesome. Wish the 5EAT only had two shift solenoids.

the same exact thing can be done tho..

only problem i had was the cabled doesnt move once in D on the subaru .

so a decoupling mechanism is needed to allow you to move through the other gears manually.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

the same exact thing can be done tho..

only problem i had was the cabled doesnt move once in D on the subaru .

so a decoupling mechanism is needed to allow you to move through the other gears manually.

You could just have a separate lever / switch board next to the regular stick, which would become active once the lever is in D.

So I got a ride in a fellow members Hexmods VB (+BnR 16g ) equipped GT today :wub:

SCHWIIINNGGGG!!!!!!

Oh my gosh it was amazing, my stock trans feels like a case full of jello or pudding compared to Zen's!

The 5EAT should have been like this from the factory! T

The actual shift (1-2, 2-3....) is incredibly quick.

Is the delay from input to actual shift any quicker, I was too excited by the lightning shifts to really pay attention :)

The Holidays can't pass quick enough now, I need to save up and get one for my wagon!

Thanks for making this available Hexmods, I can't wait!

Edited by TheBlackPearl
Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Zen was saying his 2-3 or 3-4 was super harsh at first but that it smoothed out once the tcu relearned itself.

It feels stock as a rock until it shifts under power.

It's seriously all I can think and talk about now...The fiance is a good sport :-)

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

So I got a ride in a fellow members Hexmods VB (+BnR 16g ) equipped GT today :wub:

SCHWIIINNGGGG!!!!!!

Oh my gosh it was amazing, my stock trans feels like a case full of jello or pudding compared to Zen's!

The 5EAT should have been like this from the factory! T

The actual shift (1-2, 2-3....) is incredibly quick.

Is the delay from input to actual shift any quicker, I was too excited by the lightning shifts to really pay attention :)

The Holidays can't pass quick enough now, I need to save up and get one for my wagon!

Thanks for making this available Hexmods, I can't wait!

Were there any fueling mods to go with the 16G? Just curious.

Glad I got rid of IPT valve body after a couple of weeks. :icon_bigg

Wish I had that choice. Back in the day they were the only game in town :(

I'm at the point where the tranny is doing great with it and even though there's always room for improvement obviously, don't see much of a point on the VF40 if I'm watching the budget.

Wish I had that choice. Back in the day they were the only game in town :(

I'm at the point where the tranny is doing great with it and even though there's always room for improvement obviously, don't see much of a point on the VF40 if I'm watching the budget.

Yeah after the bad luck of blowing up the tranny in about two months after going stage 3, I was pretty lucky because I took it to a shop I used before and trusted, and they just happened to work closely with TransGo. Plus I thought there had to be something better and was willing to gamble at that point. That was an expensive couple of months.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I am shamefully slow, though still moving in a positive direction. I have made more progress getting everything re-setup in the past month than I did in the previous 6. It's something. I know, proof will be in the end result.

• 3 weeks later...