LegacyGT.com

Access to STIS for Service Manual - worth it?

For $35 I can get access to Subaru's Tech Manuals:

http://techinfo.subaru.com/index.html

I know the service manuals for my other cars have been $$$, so I'm cool with giving Subaru $35 if I can DOWNLOAD the manuals, and not just access them for 3 days.

Anyone done this?

It sounds like I can download them, but I have to do it one section at a time - I can't just click "download all" and walk away.

2008 OB XT 5MT btw.

I won't even consider a Haynes manuals anymore - factory service manuals are the only way to go, especially when diagnosing trouble codes.

So I can download them and read them offline? I should have said this upfront - I don't want to pay $35 every time I need access, because in a couple of years it would be cheaper to just buy them outright.

It sounds like I can. I guess I'm cheap and want to know I can before I pay and/or if there's another place I could just order the entire set.

(In the past I've bought printed ones off ebay for other cars.)

I found an "unauthorized" copy, but it's for the wrong year, and there's always a few things that are model year specific.

I'm not sure how the subscription service works to be honest. I work for a dealer and have access already, but the private use side of the site is a bit different.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

There are a ton of different chapters and sub-sections and they are all pulled down as separate PDFs, so it takes a lot of time and formatting to compile the complete FSM. Conceivably you could do it in 3 days but it would take close to the full 3 days unless you can automate it somehow. I have had access to this database in the past and done something similar, but more targeted for the areas I was most concerned with.

Archived