LegacyGT.com

Filtered Turbo Oil Supply Line Kit (w/ Instructions)

I have a SS-18GXR on order and was wondering if I need to to do anything different to run this kit with a BB CHRA housing? I am not familer with where the BB CHRA oil restriction resides in the system, banjo bolt? I already have the V1 kit, any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The turbo manufacturer should be supplying the restrictor for a BB turbo. Different manufacturers use different style fittings to accomplish the restriction. Kit might not work. I have never seen a SS turbo as they are brand new releases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hey Mike, having a bit of an issue here. Long story short, the fitting on the end of the ID fuel rail is too close to the double banjo bolt:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/06A4A794-615D-4856-99FE-B281A1C70332-428-000000C6DFEFB6DC_zpsa58f96cf.jpg

No room to even fit things in, much less tighten the banjo bolt down.

If you have any ideas on extending the AN fitting somehow to get some of the "bulk" out of the way that would be awesome. Don't think it's really feasible to consider moving the oil line fitting.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Hey Mike, having a bit of an issue here. Long story short, the fitting on the end of the ID fuel rail is too close to the double banjo bolt:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/06A4A794-615D-4856-99FE-B281A1C70332-428-000000C6DFEFB6DC_zpsa58f96cf.jpg

No room to even fit things in, much less tighten the banjo bolt down.

If you have any ideas on extending the AN fitting somehow to get some of the "bulk" out of the way that would be awesome. Don't think it's really feasible to consider moving the oil line fitting.

Use a different AN fitting (like coming out of the rail in a 90deg instead of a straight). Never fit test with an ID conversion rail. Or, llift the rail and mount the oil line, then replace the rail.

• Moderators
Use a different AN fitting (like coming out of the rail in a 90deg instead of a straight). Never fit test with an ID conversion rail. Or, llift the rail and mount the oil line, then replace the rail.

Yeah, that's a possibility--although with the o-ring fitting that goes to the rail, even the elbow shaped adapters have the hex piece that is causing the clearance issue built into the fitting :/

Will mess with it some this evening.

Yeah, that's a possibility--although with the o-ring fitting that goes to the rail, even the elbow shaped adapters have the hex piece that is causing the clearance issue built into the fitting :/

Will mess with it some this evening.

Let me know how it works out.

• Moderators
Let me know how it works out.

Will do.

Any thoughts on the other message I sent? Any issue with just installing the double banjo into the back of the head where the filtered banjo normally is and just routing the filtered line starting there?

• Moderators

• 2 weeks later...

You see the aluminum item below standing up(before anodizing).

Wouldn't it be cheaper to produce if the machine shop started with a HEX and turned it to a RD.

All the other parts are made that way. I assume it's aluminum 6061-T6511 since that would be cheapest to obtain? Unless that's a different grade and they don't make a HEX as is case with Alcoas 6020.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/4A-FE/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/IMG_3644-4-1.jpg

That cap is not turned. it is made on a CNC, not a lathe. The other parts are made on a lathe. Difference is the tool used to make it. Final cost is cheaper using the CNC. CNC makes for a more "polished" look as well. Caps are now anodized black.

• 2 weeks later...
Whoops.. I mean only the hardline going from those two point, and not the third one. My friend gave my a SS line with opposite end banjos with bolts, so I'm curious if its going to work. He has done it to his 04 STi and his 09. Not LGT, though.

On the second banjo bolt, the one underneath the manifold, it has a two-sided banjo bolt. Lines on opposite sides. How does that work? I've been doing a solid amount of research, and all I can find is kits with all three so it makes me skeptical.