LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

Honestly I have no clue, I pulled the trim from my 09 OB and it was the same setup as had been described earlier in the thread. I did not want to cut the wire in case it was different so pulled it instead and fortunately was exactly as advertised. Just have a look at the harness, see if the blue/black wire is there (it was in the middle of the 3 central wires in the harness) and then decide if you want to take it out to see what will happen . . .

Thanks!! I cut the blue/black wire, drove around a bit to make sure that cruise control, full beams, and all other functions work...they do. Taped the ends, put the panel back, presto - no DRLs. So it is confirmed this works on the 09 Legacy also. Trust Subaru engineers to keep changing harnesses, wire colors, etc to confound us....:lol:

Thanks to all!!!

Edited by mpansare

• 2 weeks later...
Will this mod work on a 2008, if not how do you disable the DRL's on an 08'? I am assumming the thread above for the 09 would work the same for the 08...right? Edited by ChxHawk
Not reading all the threads.....

Probably you used the technique for 05+06 cars, which is to pull the whole white connector. For 07-09 Legacies, the correct procedure is to pull JUST the blue & black wire from the white housing, then plug the white connector back in.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 4 weeks later...

Just to confirm this for the 09 - I did this on my 2009 legacy 2.5i:

1) Pop off the lower dash cover (two push-screws and 1 push pin in the middle)

2) Look inside - there's a box labeled "DRL Module", I don't remember the exact name. It has a black and a white harness plugged into it.

3) Pull the white harness.

4) Find blue/black wire - pull it out.

5) Done!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I finally got around to doing it today since it's so nice outside. All the tips are pretty much spot on but I think I'll add one point I'm not sure has been mentioned. It was a major help to me to use 2 screwdrivers instead of 1. Use 1 to prop open the connector and the other to push out the wire. Using only 1, the connector kept closing on me whenever I would move it.:spin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow, the hardest part for me was how obvious it was. I'm looking for a little connector hanging down on the firewall and it's a huge connector block. Once I found it taking the connector off did not require tools, then again I used to be an electronic geek in high school eons ago. Many thanks for the post my man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just to confirm this for the 09 - I did this on my 2009 legacy 2.5i:

1) Pop off the lower dash cover (two push-screws and 1 push pin in the middle)

2) Look inside - there's a box labeled "DRL Module", I don't remember the exact name. It has a black and a white harness plugged into it.

3) Pull the white harness.

4) Find blue/black wire - pull it out.

5) Done!

I did mine today (08 lgt), I pulled the whole white harness out, everything seems fine, except when I turned the high beam on, the fog light went off.

Then, I tried to pull the black&blue wire out and plug the white harness back in. It was same, high beam on, fog light off... isn't it suppose to be like that?

please help

thanks