LegacyGT.com

Request for help: installation of GTspec UEL hedders - 1st timer

Hey guys, I'm going to be making a heavy investment to upgrade my 2008 LGT.

I'm going to change out the following:

GTspec Unequal hedders & uppipe

Invidia High Flow Downpipe

Cobb CBE

Cobb Intake

Access Port with propper stage 2 map

My question is:

What's involved with changing the headders? They look easy enough to change, but is there anything I should be aware of? Gaskets? Lines? Fluids?

Should I do the BOV now as long as I have the car apart? or when I upgrade the turbo later?

I couldn't find any performance mods walkthrough for headders so I'm reaching out for help before I do anything crazy.

Google found nothing but ads for car parts.

Thanks in advance.

There are walk throughs on most of the items you name, none are particularly difficult, just remember to use copious amounts of PB Blaster. ;)

I did a 'search this forum' for header replacement and came up with nothing. I just want to make sure that I don't get the engine apart, go "oh crap" I forgot to order this / buy fluid for this / block this off, etc... and then NOT be able to roll back if need be. Everything looks readily accessable, I just was hoping for a quick walkthrough and 'don't do this' and 'don't forget to do that' type of thing from members who have done this.

*fingers crossed*

it's a straight forward swap. i would recommend getting new oem gaskets, and using a torque wrench when putting things back together. You're car is new, but i usually use penetrating oil on all the bolts to help things come apart easier. Also, i would not put a bov on, i believe they mess up the tuning, unless its a 100% recirculating bov. I'm not sure if they're out yet for 08, but you might want to do a search for "vacation pics" to get a little more insight as to whats needed when taking things apart/putting them back together.

• 1 year later...

Archived