LegacyGT.com

Use coil-overs for more caster?

ZX2Fast

I'm putting BC BR coil-overs on my car and wondered if I could spin the top of the fronts around too use the adjustment for caster since we have a camber bolt installed already. I did some searching and read some stickies and see no mention of it. I've got a set of the Whiteline caster LCA bushings but from what I gather, these cars benefit from more caster.

Just my luck, the sticker on it says 03-08 Legacy but the front mounts are too small too fit on my 2005 LGT. Part number is "F-04" but the number listed for my car on the BC site is "F-04 BR". The rear fit fine, looks like I'm just having crappy luck with this car. Now I get to go back outside and put the stock struts back in, in the dark.

You could rotate the top hats to get more caster, but you're probably going to want more than the -1 degree of front camber to go with it, and that's all the bolts usually yield.

Also, the sweet spot for me has been 7 degrees of caster, beyond that and your steering will get really vague and slow, as well as increasing the load on the power steering pump.

The best solution is a camber plate that gives you an extra degree of caster built in, but then still allows for camber adjustment. That, combined with the WL ALK kit is what I'm running. 7 degrees of caster and -2.5 front camber.

Archived