LegacyGT.com

My LGT was hit tonight, other driver ran!

DeltaNu1142

I didn't know exactly where to put this post, but here it is. After I left work at 5:10pm or so I went to my old watering hole, owned by a friend of mine, and met a few people there. I had one beer & was leaving to go meet some other buddies for a nice BBQ dinner nearby. A few girls I didn't know were outside saying to each other, "Yeah, she just hit that car & drove off!" They were pointing in the general direction of my LGT...

http://i.imgur.com/bNopcMD.jpg

I'm not an insurance adjuster, but it looks like paint damage at the very least, and possibly bumper/body damage. The fog light housing is nicked a bit as well.

I let my buddy know & he started combing through videos (15 cameras inside & out)... I called the cops & waited. An officer showed up, and as we went through the video, while it was clear that she hit the car, that she knew she hit the car, and that at least one person tried to stop her before she drove off, it was impossible to tell what the make of her car was or even get a good shot of her bulbous head.

As we were looking through the video, one of the bartenders came in & said, "I know that girl!" She provided the driver's name, her credit card receipt (six 6+% pints), and then verified the girl's ID on the cop's computer. I filed a report, so now I get to sit back & wait to find out if she's got insurance. I'll file a claim with my insurance tomorrow. So far, it looks good for nailing this ignorant piece of trash with a hit & run.

Tits mcgee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, what is wrong with people. If you're going to drink, DON'T drive. Sorry man, your car didn't deserve that. Gus Petch voice - I'm gonna nail yo azzz.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Love that movie... great example of Coen Bros' brilliance.

As much as this burns me--and I consider lack of accountability one of the biggest flaws a person can have--everyone was great. My buddies at the bar, the strangers that witnessed it, and the cop. I'm looking for a satisfactory outcome for me, and less so for her.

Tits mcgee

Sorry to see that happen man. I had someone back into my car a few weeks ago. It looks like no matter what the damage, if it's just paint it will cost between $500-$700 to get it fixed.

That sucks.

I'd guess you're looking at a new bumper cover, foglight surround, and paint.

I thought it was just paint at first, but it's definitely a new bumper cover. This one is "pinched" or torn near at the inner end of the scrape under the projector. I can drop by the bar & get the other driver's name, but it does me no good until the police report is in or until I know she has insurance.

Tits mcgee

Here's the thing... had she come into the bar (this a local dive, where everyone knows almost everyone) and said, "Hey, I bumped your car, and I'm a little tipsy. I don't want to get the cops involved, but here's my insurance card, we'll definitely take care of this," we could have sorted something out... but now she's facing a record. I'm just pleased we had the video & witnesses, or I'd be up sh*t creek.
Tits mcgee

And likely DUI.

Doubtful. To get a DUI they usually have to catch you while you were intoxicated. Having a receipt showing she paid for 6 pints of anything doesn't prove she was drunk and would not stand up. It also doesn't prove she drank all 6 of those. Even video of her drinking all 6 wouldn't prove she was drunk. You need a blood tox screen or a blow test on record. By the time they get to her neither of those will work for the time-frame in question.

There was a kid here a few weeks ago who actually posted on facebook that he was driving drunk and had swiped a couple cars and was sorry to whoever's car's he hit. Then he said YOLO.

He was arrested the next day for hit and run and a few other things but was not charged with a DUI for the exact reasons I stated above.

^what he said. Now, based on the video (which the cop saw), she was more than likely kuckered when she got into her new-ish white sedan to perform a 14-point turn ending with a swipe of my front bumper... but even if the cop went to her residence & found her passed out & drooling with a BAC of .025, it doesn't prove she didn't get home & shotgun a 1/5 of Orloff... and that might be what it would take. This woman is large.

My buddy told me he would burn a copy of the accident off the DVR. I will share, if & when he gets it to me.

Links to posts by idiot above, pls... just once, I want to break the nose of someone who says that, and yell it back at them... "YOLO!"

Tits mcgee

linkykid looks like an idiot too.

Oh man... I didn't think you'd even be able to dig it up. Class act, right there.

Here's the gist of your comment above, as I understood it:

"We can't just convict somebody based on the fact that they said they were drunk," Johnston said.

Yep... and as much as the chick who hit my car probably deserved a DUI, I wouldn't go for a conviction based on nabbing her after she left. All I want is my car paid for, and for her dumb ass to learn some accountability. If she has to get a felony H&R to achieve that end, fine.

Tits mcgee

Sorry for the damage, but be happy it was not the whole side of your car. That bumper can be fixed and it will be as new without replacing the whole thing. A lot of times it is better to just fix the bumper so as to not have paint mismatch issues. Also as bad as Subaru paint may be, it is always better than the paint/clearcoat most body shops put on.

Good luck,

X

---

^what he said. Now, based on the video (which the cop saw), she was more than likely kuckered when she got into her new-ish white sedan to perform a 14-point turn ending with a swipe of my front bumper... but even if the cop went to her residence & found her passed out & drooling with a BAC of .025, it doesn't prove she didn't get home & shotgun a 1/5 of Orloff... and that might be what it would take. This woman is large.

My buddy told me he would burn a copy of the accident off the DVR. I will share, if & when he gets it to me.

Links to posts by idiot above, pls... just once, I want to break the nose of someone who says that, and yell it back at them... "YOLO!"

Yeah - my "also DUI" was presumed on them catching her driving home. Still will be a hit and run.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Oh man... I didn't think you'd even be able to dig it up. Class act, right there.

It wasn't too long ago so just a quick search on the local news site and it popped up second page. Pretty smart people around these days.

• I Donated
It makes me want to confess on FB about that hooker I threw in a landfill last week... online immunity! That's how it works, right?

Anything posted on the intrawebz cannot be used in a court of law - trues story!

X

As long as you put on your status that you are not able to be prosecuted! They can't do it if you put it in your status!

My buddy sent videos! The whale in the bottom right with the headband is the one that hit my car. I'm the guy sitting two seats to her left... had I known she was going to smack my car & leave, I would have introduced myself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKvS_8yFqw]Hit & Run Driver - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ1kur-zW7o]Hit & Run Driver - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkuBVJeafY]Hit & Run Driver - YouTube[/ame]

Tits mcgee

Archived