LegacyGT.com

Rate your insurance company!

So I have State Farm, and it's really expensive. I'm 24, have no accidents, and only one speeding ticket ever (that was knocked down to parking-on-pavement). I looked at Geico, and even their totally-maxed-out plan is 3/4 of what I'm spending at State Farm. So there's got to be a reason...maybe their service sucks, I don't know. So, post your experiences with your insurance company to help me to decide what to go with.

Erie Insurance - 10/10 including one hail damage claim. $1300 per year with solid coverage for my wife and I, both driving 25,000 miles per year on two newish import vehicles, both of us are 27 years old.

Prior to Erie, I was paying $1100 per year for myself....she was paying around $800 a year for herself. And we were both driving about 10-15k miles a year back then.

I have geico and I am also in NY.

I will tell you, they have EXCELLENT customer service. I have been in two accidents (both fell into the category of "no fault") and they have come through with no problems both times. One of the times I was in the hospital with a 6 figure bill, they paid what I was covered for within 2 days.

I do have a policy that has high coverages, and when you have been through what I have you would understand why.

I end up paying about 1200 a year; that includes a 500 deductible, 150k personal injury, I believe I have 300/300, full glass fire and theft. I am 27 with a clean license.

NY and NJ are the most expensive states when it comes to any kind of insurance; health, car, home, etc. but you have to have it.

I have American Family Insurance. So far they have been incredible. This past spring, I hit a pot hole with my car and damaged two rims and tires.(big hole!) I called them right after it happened and they told me a claims agent would be in contact with me. He called the next day and took care of EVERYTHING. The next day I dropped my car off the dealership to get repaired and the claims agent was there talking to them getting everything figured out. Am Fam paid for the alignment, rental, four new tires(since I couldn't replace just two) referbing of the two damaged rims, and all other expenses. Rates have not gone up(this was six months ago) and I'm happy to know my car was fixed properly.

Overall, I've been very happy with them. I have thought about looking around to find a cheaper company, but I'm convinced the service I have received won't be there. At this point, I will be staying with American Family.

I had Geico for 5 years. They were great, up until my rates went up after a "not at fault" incident was claimed. The only claim I ever had with that policy.

I was told they wouldn't go up, but of course, after I went to renew, after 5 years of the premium going down, it actually shot up $300 more for 6 months.

So, I dropped them. Insurance companies are great, as long as you don't ever use them.

Life, Home, and Car insured with AllState. Had the same agent for 35 years. He's a friend of mine. $1,300 per year for my Wife, me, and my 21 year old Daughter with a moving violation. Didn't even have to call him when my Daughter backed my Wife's car into a fence. He called me after hearing it through the grapevine.

Plymouth Rock = Awesome.

I have an insanely high deductible, hardly any insurance coverage, and a 92 with a Blue Book value of $300, and yet I pay $130 a month for insurance. This isn't totally their fault though, with my driving record I'd charge me that much too! :lol:

But still, the service is great, you can actually get a live person on the phone when you want to, and their billing department is spectacular. I financed my insurance through another company before (Special insurance for people with sub-par credit and sup-par driving record) and they would flip a nut if I sent my payment in a day late. I was getting 10-day cancellation notices that were mailed out on the same day my payment was due, it was insane. They wouldn't even wait for the end of the business day, as soon as the mail truck showed up at the finance company they would send a cancellation notice that day. Once I got my credit back up I financed the insurance through Plymouth Rock and they could care less when I send my payment. I only missed one payment so far, and they just sent me my balance due the next month. I felt like a king, since the separate finance company were a bunch of D-Bags when it came to that stuff! :lol:

i have liberty mutual, they're ok. my premium is high imo, but i guess that's the going rate. it's about $1500/yr for me, i have one moving violation but no accidents. subaru owners do get a group discount with them. their customer service is very good and helpful every time i've spoken with them, all their agents are knowledgeable and competent.

I will though our .02 in worth. We have AAA auto and home insurance and have had no complaints with them. I have had 3 claims with them so far and each and every claim has been a breaze to deal with. Much better than my previous compnay (allstate). But not quite as good as the one before that (pemco of washington)

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Almost every co is great as long as you have a stellar driving record.

Customer service has been great with both Progressive and Geico.

Went to Geico for a better rate. Three cars, two Subys and a Geo.

Flipped my BE on black ice ( and for the questioners) I was doing between 45-50 just before dawn on Blizzaks. Totaled car. Taken care of well by Geico, until it was time to renew. Was dumped.

Have house Insurance with State Farm, they refuse to cover.

through a broker wound up with GMAC,who sublet through another co.

I pay a lot, but then in NY with my record I expect to. tho GMAC is cheaper than Geico.

I will be in that dreaded hi risk category for sometime, I won't have your jaws drop with my premium. You have to pay to play.

The only Gt I'll have is a rebuild that doesn't show up in the title.

My advice.. get a better radar detector!! It'll pay for itself after the first save.

O.

Wawanesa is my insurance company. Everyone in my family uses them including extended family and close friends. I have a horrible record with over 10 tickets easily on it and I'm 25 and pay $800/yr for full coverage and a $500 deductible.

We've had my little brother total 2 cars so far within a 2 year span and I had my car stolen and we've had other numerous claims opened with them as well as my idiot brother letting his g/f drive and she hit a kid on a skateboard because she ran a stop sign. Wawanesa paid out $100,000 dollars for that kids claim. Through all of my brothers crap and the various accidents that have happened to everyone we have not had the premium go up once.

http://www.wawanesa.com/

GEICO here. In 2007, my wife and I replaced our 7- and 9-year-old cars with two new cars. We got the policy from GEICO for about what we were paying with the two older cars. We have only had to file one claim, and it was pretty painless -- don't know what will happen when it comes time to renew.

i have USAA, and have absolutely no complaints...i've talked with a couple of insurance companies and they laughed at me when i told them how low my current insurance was...lol

I called Geico for S&G's to save 15% or more and the guy laughed and said the phone call was not worth my time or his!!!!

I LOVE USAA!!!!!

I have Liberty Mutual and love them. Besides them being afiliated with Subaru(that has other great perks like replacing your car if it is totaled and under 30k miles and others;) ) I am paying around $2200 a year for our Subaru, our Z/28 and the sportbike with 2 drivers and with 100k/300k/100k in full coverage, $900 in rental coverage. Geico, State farm, Allstate, Progressive were atleast $1500+ a year more.

I refuse to have Geico because we deal with them at work for their repairs and if people saw the junk parts they have the shops put on the car, you would cry in horror. Nothing like seeing them give us a junkyard control arm covered in rust for a new car with 800 miles on it, and all the aftermarket junk or the shortcut repairs they do. No f'n way will I have them, never, ever!

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived