LegacyGT.com

Legacy Suspension Swap: What's Involved?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't the LGT struts be too short with the spacers still in?And wouldnt it higher than a stock LGT?

They will fit, but you will get a wild geometry. Think slammed car with really bad camber curve.

Now after removing my rear subframe for group n bushing install I don't think it's that tough job. Front should be even easier.

If you anyone is interested I have a set of stock LGT rear lateral links that are needed for OB->Legacy conversion (in addition to the subframe spacers that need to be replaced with thinner Legacy ones).

I desperatetly want to do something with this things suspension.I just don't want it to be trial and error process..I'd like to drop about an inch and put a set of 18x8's on it.I want the GC but not the motion sickness.Seems almost like it's better to start from a stock LGT suspension and build up than to drop and OB's.I just want it better dampening and handling.

Stock tires are #1 upgrade, then swaybar, then coilovers. I bought Rallitek bars and MeganRacingCoilovers a couple of years ago and dropped it 3" on 18x8 245x45/18 T1Rs. No more pushy ride, just fun ride. Use the search button and you will find many OBXT guys immediately changed suspension.

Just bolt in legacy suspension & sway bars, you can always go back to OBXT suspension if you don't like it. It works fine, my alignment was not too wacked up since OBXT's alignment specs are weird from the factory (positive camber). I have been running mine lowered with cobb sways for 35,000mi.

I am still contemplating taking out the spacers I will post if i ever get around to it.

How much do you want for the lateral links?

They will fit, but you will get a wild geometry. Think slammed car with really bad camber curve.

Now after removing my rear subframe for group n bushing install I don't think it's that tough job. Front should be even easier.

If you anyone is interested I have a set of stock LGT rear lateral links that are needed for OB->Legacy conversion (in addition to the subframe spacers that need to be replaced with thinner Legacy ones).

I have a Legacy coil over set up, it works fine but you do need to remove the bumpstops or get legacy ones (which I did) otherwise you bumpstop over everything. Here is a pic:

Stock:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/regulata700t/OutbackOverbrush003.jpg

Lowered:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/regulata700t/OutbackLowered029.jpg

I have a Legacy coil over set up, it works fine but you do need to remove the bumpstops or get legacy ones (which I did) otherwise you bumpstop over everything. Here is a pic:

Stock:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/regulata700t/OutbackOverbrush003.jpg

Lowered:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/regulata700t/OutbackLowered029.jpg

Come April, my WRX is gonna get sold and I'm picking up a new wagon. I'm trying really hard to make the OBXT my choice, and the suspension is one of my primary concerns. I'll be having my dealer do any suspension work prior to deliver, so I wanted to clarify exactly what you did. LGT coilovers or struts/coils, and LGT bumpstops? This setup is able to acheive proper alignment?

Thanks,

Chris

Come April, my WRX is gonna get sold and I'm picking up a new wagon. I'm trying really hard to make the OBXT my choice, and the suspension is one of my primary concerns. I'll be having my dealer do any suspension work prior to deliver, so I wanted to clarify exactly what you did. LGT coilovers or struts/coils, and LGT bumpstops? This setup is able to acheive proper alignment?

Thanks,

Chris

It was just that simple, legacy coil overs and legacy bump stops, got it aligned at my work (southpointe land rover) and everything came into spec just fine. I however should note that these coil overs had ajustable strut mounts.

It was just that simple, legacy coil overs and legacy bump stops, got it aligned at my work (southpointe land rover) and everything came into spec just fine. I however should note that these coil overs had ajustable strut mounts.

I want a reliable "tinker free" setup; so I was thinking more along the line of LGT struts and springs. I was going to see if I could get LGT SpecB Rev C struts with either pinks, or prodrives, etc. For that matter, I'd be open to just buying Bilstein HD struts (if they feel good in a test ride in a sS Caler's LGT Wagon) and different springs.

Coilovers are nice for a hobby car, but this will be a daily driver first, so the thought having to pull coilovers for service etc. isn't very appealing.

Any insight or correction of my perceptions is always appreciated.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
I want a reliable "tinker free" setup; so I was thinking more along the line of LGT struts and springs. I was going to see if I could get LGT SpecB Rev C struts with either pinks, or prodrives, etc. For that matter, I'd be open to just buying Bilstein HD struts (if they feel good in a test ride in a sS Caler's LGT Wagon) and different springs.

Coilovers are nice for a hobby car, but this will be a daily driver first, so the thought having to pull coilovers for service etc. isn't very appealing.

Any insight or correction of my perceptions is always appreciated.

Chris

Correct me if I'm wrong... Aren't SpecB struts just Bilstein HDs?

Wondered about durabilty of coilovers and having to always tweak them..and being OCD with the adjusments.Wheels and tires are the first thing I want to do.

i never tweak my coils. completely set it and forget it, only thing is... they are coming up on rebuild time soon =/

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Archived