LegacyGT.com

Legacy Borla exhaust opinions/drone?

UPDATE:

I bought the Borla. It was a little too quiet and a tricky to fit under the rear bumper of my XT initially. After about 1000 miles it has gotten a little louder and "wakes up" a little more under full throttle. I also cut out the resonator, which made it a little louder, especially during compression braking. But it's still mellow and quiet while cruising, with no drone.

I had the Borla Hush on my WRX and love, love, loved it. More growl and rumble, but only 1 decible louder than stock and no drone.

Now I have an 07 OB XT and am looking for a similar exhaust with very little hwy drone in a wagon.

I've heard the Perrin and it is way too loud. From what I've heard the Invidia is loud also. The SPT is nice but $ and hard to find. The Magnaflow sounds fairly loud in YouTube clips, but it's hard to know if it's the camera. The Borla sounds good in YouTube clips but when I called Borla they couldn't give me any advice or decible reading.

Does anyone have the Borla on their Legacy wagon? Hopefully someone in Portland? I am reluctant to shell out ~$900 for the exhaust, shipping and install only to get something with too much drone.:confused:

The Borla is perfect IMHO. I purchased the car with Borla on it and it's what I would call "sleeper". There's no droning even with the full uppipe and down pipe. This video was taken about 10ft off the back of the car on the dyno last year. Plus you absolutely cannot beat Borla quality.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I had the Borla Hush on my WRX and love, love, loved it. More growl and rumble, but only 1 decible louder than stock and no drone.

Now I have an 07 OB XT and am looking for a similar exhaust with very little hwy drone in a wagon.

I've heard the Perrin and it is way too loud. From what I've heard the Invidia is loud also. The SPT is nice but $ and hard to find. The Magnaflow sounds fairly loud in YouTube clips, but it's hard to know if it's the camera. The Borla sounds good in YouTube clips but when I called Borla they couldn't give me any advice or decible reading.

Does anyone have the Borla on their Legacy wagon? Hopefully someone in Portland? I am reluctant to shell out ~$900 for the exhaust, shipping and install only to get something with too much drone.:confused:

It's going to sound just the same on your OB as your WRX since they're the same engine. I have the Borla system on my 05 LGT, it sounds very nice, not loud at all, plenty growly when you step on it. Absolutely no droning either.

I have an invidia DP and Catback and its annoying. It drones on the highway and is obnoxiously loud around town, even at low throttle input. I'm going to have a muffler welded in on the midpipe to try to quiet it down a bit.

The Borla is perfect IMHO. I purchased the car with Borla on it and it's what I would call "sleeper". There's no droning even with the full uppipe and down pipe. This video was taken about 10ft off the back of the car on the dyno last year. Plus you absolutely cannot beat Borla quality.

Nice wagon! I'm definitely going for a sleeper. I just put the Rally Armor mudflaps on mine yesterday, and I'm ordering the Borla today! Thanks for the advice, guys.

BTW: very different engine and muffler set up than my WRX, which was a 2liter with a 4 into 1 set up, and my OB is a 2.5 liter with a 4 into 1 into 2 exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Can you hear the exhaust normally when driving around town or on highway with all windows closed? Want exhaust quiet as stock but stainless. My stock is getting pretty rusty so would like to replace it soon.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• 2 years later...

Archived