Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got it yesterday, installed it in less than 2 hours taking my time. Awesome addition! Its just what the doctor ordered, highly recommend getting one to anyone who is still using an FM transmitter

Are you saying that your factory HU plays twoo CD's at the same time?

Or that your Ipod only plays through your Jazzy when a regular CD is in play?

I've not had that problem. I'd either create a new blank CD or contact Jazzy to ask his opinion. Maybe he can trade out CD's with you.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

has anyone had a problem with the "blank cd"? I've installed it and it won't play iPod music with the blank cd in the deck but if a regular music cd is in it will play the 2 on top of each other.

I just installed my unit this weekend and had the same issue. I'm not sure why, but for some reason the silent CD that came with the kit would play on the CD player but no sound from the Aux-In could be heard. If I listened carefully I could hear my MP3 player coming through on quiet parts of other CD's so on a hunch burned my own silent CD. Presto! It worked. There was definitely a track on the CD that came with the kit, so I don't know how to explain why nothing would come through?

Other than that minor hitch, it was a great installation. The directions from Jazzy were very clear and I think it was about a 2 hour install including the time I spent figuring out how to create the silent CD. Count me as another satisfied customer.

yeah I figured out how to burn myself a blank cd as well but it was a bit annoying. My bigger problem is that the dock connector cord for my iPod that I was sent has a short in it. So that means I have to hold at the precise angle for it to even work. I'm sure I can get another from Jazzy but I'm a little annoyed that I have to wait even more time to get it and then take almost the entire thing apart to change it. You would think for $100 you would get something better than the Radio Shack connector

Sorry about the bad CD's guys. I was having some problems with my burner there for awhile. The good news is it's very easy to make a new one- I wrote a simple walkthru to create a new silent CD: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=379369&postcount=381
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

So, if I wanted to use both my I-Pod and Sirius Radio (using a wired FM Modulator) I would have to get a Y connector and connect both and turn whatever I'm not using off?

Why you use an FM modulator, wired or not, with the Sirius ?

Mine (a Stratus) has an audio output jack for 1/8" stereo phono

plug. Maybe you can find a simple 2->1 switch and connect

the iPod and Sirius both to it.

I have the Ampli-rider headphone amp, It has three connectors (input) I've used 2 at the same problem w/o trouble. One was my laptop running MS Streets and Trips and it just spoke directions over/while my Ipod shuffle was playing. Surprised me at first when I heard them give me directions to turn during the song.
If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

^Good one!!!! :lol:

John, I meant to say I'm using a modulator now for the Sirius and want to use this instead but I-Pod at the same time but I'll just get a Y adapter.

Thanks !

I suppose a Y-adpater, not a switch, might work if you only turn one

device on at a time. But maybe not - because the "on" device has

to drive the (hopefully) high impedance load of the aux-in, but also

is connected to the output of the "off" device, and its impedance

might not be so high, thus putting too much load on the "on" device.

Just a thought. But I doubt you'll damage anything by trying it.

I searched but oddly I can't find this specific issue in this thread....so pardon me if I missed it.

I did the install this weekend and it went smoothly but, my fault, I didn't test it before it was completely reassembled. I'm paranoid about electronics and have an aversion to firing things up until they area sealed and back in place.

The problem I'm having is that the right channel is barely audible. There is sound comming from it, but perhaps 1/10th (or less) the level of the left side. When I searched I found threads on the left side fading out, but not the right so I'm guessing the issue may not be the same.

Thanks in advance.

I searched but oddly I can't find this specific issue in this thread....so pardon me if I missed it.

I did the install this weekend and it went smoothly but, my fault, I didn't test it before it was completely reassembled. I'm paranoid about electronics and have an aversion to firing things up until they area sealed and back in place.

The problem I'm having is that the right channel is barely audible. There is sound comming from it, but perhaps 1/10th (or less) the level of the left side. When I searched I found threads on the left side fading out, but not the right so I'm guessing the issue may not be the same.

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to go back in and check all your connections. It sucks, but that's what you'll need to do.

You'll need to go back in and check all your connections. It sucks, but that's what you'll need to do.

You said you're paranoid about electronics and need to seal

things up. I don't know if you're paranoid about getting

shocked, but 12 volts can't really hurt you, in fact I doubt you

could even feel it unless you touch it with your tongue or

something. So leave it un-"sealed up" until you know it's

working and save yourself some grief.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone ordered lately? i sent money 9 days ago and havnt gotten any confirm or response. no emails, nutin!

i sent an email yesterday and havnt heard back. i dont want to complain to PayPal, but i dont want to let it linger either.

has anyone ordered lately? i sent money 9 days ago and havnt gotten any confirm or response. no emails, nutin!

i sent an email yesterday and havnt heard back. i dont want to complain to PayPal, but i dont want to let it linger either.

i think it took mine like 2 or 3 weeks to get mine