LegacyGT.com

PSA- Clean your MAF

I've done a lot of stuff to my car all under the guise of making it better/faster etc... and maybe I missed an important thread on some basic maintenance, but I totally overlooked this.. and it really really makes a difference.. now that I realized how much of a diff it makes I have found that some people do this every oil change.. and I can see why.. my car feels like a whole new animal.. best $7 I have spent.. who else has overlooked this?

• 3 weeks later...

I just logged in to post this exact thing. I have 125k miles on my LGT with a Perrin foam filter. The last few months I have noticed some hesitation at low speeds and idle. The strangest behavior is during coasting to a stop, clutch down, shifter in neutral. The engine RPMs would dip and engine would shutter until the car stops and the RPM would rise. I came across another MAF thread and tried cleaning it. It has been running strong since.

Don't think I'd clean every oil change, maybe once a year.

CombatCBQ,

I'd do it every oil change, I originally thought that too. Last night I threw CEL and my car was struggling, cleaned the MAF sensor and bam it was running great. Only had 9k miles since the last clean and just that much made it run like crap. For a $5 can and 2 screws id do it every time. Subies rely a ton on that sensor.

^

I just did this last night. Most auto parts stores will carry CRC Mass Airflow Sensor cleaner. Everyone seems to be paying around $7, but I paid $9. Still worth it. Smoothed things out nicely.

Archived