LegacyGT.com

post your HIDed legacy, also color temp and watts : )

markc0220k

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after i have my 4300k/35w hid installed, i would pay more attention on others hid and compare with mine side by side when sitting front of stop light. i found ...actually, mine doesn't really brighter than other (5000k or higher). and i think mine looks like regular halogen, similar to those stock (i guess) HID.

of coz, it's much brighter when it's dark and not much street light around. thinking to go for 55w. suggestion? can legacy wires handle 55w hid? i did some search, but couldn't find a brandnamed 55w hid. philips and mcculloch only have 35w available.

after i have my 4300k/35w hid installed, i would pay more attention on others hid and compare with mine side by side when sitting front of stop light. i found ...actually, mine doesn't really brighter than other (5000k or higher). and i think mine looks like regular halogen, similar to those stock (i guess) HID.

of coz, it's much brighter when it's dark and not much street light around. thinking to go for 55w. suggestion? can legacy wires handle 55w hid? i did some search, but couldn't find a brandnamed 55w hid. philips and mcculloch only have 35w available.

I am running 55w 4300k hids, being doing so for over a year with no issues.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Aodhan18/Car%20Photos/DSC_0020-1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Aodhan18/Car%20Photos/DSC_0047.jpg

Lol I hate trying to take pics with my headlights on.

Wow this is one of the oldest pics of my legacy I have, HIDs were one of the first mods. Sorry all I have is a day pic. 6000k HIDs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/jon3kgt/DSC_0036-1.jpg

i've always heard good reviews from here:

http://www.vvme.com/hid-convertion-kit-single-beam-hid-conversion-kit-c-44_45.html

theyre fairly inexpensive too. this was on american trucks though. i dont see it being any different the kits are the same but maybe someone on here thats tried their kits can chime in.

the technical spec there stated both 55w and 35w 's output are 3200 lumen?

I have a 4300 35W kit, no fogs (FMIC). I can't say enough about how well they light up the road. I notice it most when it is raining at night. The ol' Silverstars just didn't cut it. Best mod I ever did, next to my 18g of course. :rolleyes:

Putting some 4300 35W BiZenon's in the wifes Saab this weekend (H4 bulb). Will post up some pics of them both side by side.

ugh that makes me want yellow fogs so much more haha.

MarkC - i dont know the science behind the way lumens work but i can tell you that 55w kits are DEF brighter. same as regualr bulbs. they can push the same lumen but a 100w reg bulb will be much brighter than >100watts. got me curious...might have to research the reasons behind this.

I've been meaning to take out my car and my cousins LGT which has 55w DDM kit in it for some good comparo's. I was going to also hook up my 35w ballast to show the difference between the 55w and 35w using the same setup. I have my 35w ballast still mounted on the car for the fogs that I never decided to put in since I don't need them. Since its just a simple unplug 1 and plug the other in for me it makes it easy for me to do comparo's.

I have a 4300 35W kit, no fogs (FMIC). I can't say enough about how well they light up the road. I notice it most when it is raining at night.

really? i feel fine as long as it's not raining or road is dry. i work at overnight shift, most of the time i go home at dawn. Once it rain at the time, my headlight is totally disappears! foglight doesn't help either. but yet, it's way better than halogen.

mark

Archived