LegacyGT.com

car will not start need help please

hello guys... this is about my brothers car... he has a 2007 impreza 2.5 n/a AT.... for some reason the car will not crank over.... it cranks... and sometimes it seems like it will start but it sputters and then dies.... it says theres still a 1/4 tank of gas... and all the lights and radio etc comes on... but when you turn the key to the acc spot you can hear a clicking noise somewhere in the engine bay.... clicks a couple times then stops... i dont know if this has anything to do with the car not being able to start... could it be that the fuel gauge is broken and that theres actually no fuel?? or is it more like a injector problem?? any suggestions would greatly be appreciated guys...

oh yea... and i pulled learning view and it didnt look like there were any codes... but alot of knock it looked like i think... didnt take a screen shot... but then i reset the ecu to hopefully maybe fix it... but it did not... the IAM was at .875 before the reset but now sits at .5 after reset....

well it has 65000 miles so i guess warranty is over.... the car does crank... had it towed to the dealership already and it turned out to be a fuel pump.... they are charging 600 dollars for the pump and labor!!! total is going to cost 1295+tax for the 60000 mile service and fuel pump... ouch......

yea.... but my brother already had the car towed to subaru.... it honestly sounded alot worse than it really was.... i told him from now on though to take it to my friends shop... i told him it would of cost him half the price hes paying now.... they also tried to make my bro pay for the rental car as well... but i talked to them and they said they will reimburse whatever he pays for the rental....

Archived