LegacyGT.com

rattleing while driving??

tingtang

i have this rattleing sound when i drive... it sounds like its coming from underneath the car so i figured it was the exhaust hitting the heat shield... i tried to get it to rattle while at a stop and reving my engine and while i was under the car to see if i can hear anything but nothing... it seems to only rattle when im in gear and moving or starting to move.... im pretty scared this sound is coming from my tranny... is there any possible way that the tranny would rattle?? i hope not... this will just reasure me that its just something stupid like the exhaust hitting against the heat shield.... any ideas on what this could be?? the rattleing sound is kinda like rocks in a can... hope that description kinda helps... kinda hard to describe though...

I think i've been experiencing a similar sound just in the past 2 weeks. My clutch isn't in the best shape, and only happens, oddly enough, when I go to park the car. I'll try and get a sound recording next time I drive it, sometimes its worse than other times, seems to be aggrivated after backing up. I dunno, it sounded to me like it was the tranny or possibly the rear diff. Just changed my diff fluid about 6k miles ago though, with very minimal metal shavings on the magnet screw that holds the fluid in (sorry, don't know what its called). I hope to God it is just some rocks in the heatshield. All I have done in that area is an uppipe and a catback.

Archived