LegacyGT.com

installation help??

tingtang

so it turns out one of my good friends wants to charge me slightly below dealership prices to help install all the parts on my car.... yea.. i know.. sounds fucked up but he has his own reasons... now i know this is probably a long shot.... but is anyone willing to lend me a hand when i actually take the plunge and install everything?? items needed to install include XO2 FMIC, injectors, FP, turbo inlet and turbo... i might be missing some other small things.... my main concern is the turbo inlet and turbo... im pretty sure i can manage everything else i mentioned but i heard that the turbo and inlet install is a real PITA... if anyone is willing to lend me a hand let me know... thanks in advance...

-I-Ting

Depending on when you plan on doing this, I might be able to lend a hand. What turbo are you putting in? How large is the FMIC?
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

the XO2 FMIC is i think 24x9x3.... so not TOO big... im installing the new FP turbo... the 68hta... and honestly i dont know when exactly ill be doing this... and since your willing to lend a hand ill be working around YOUR schedule....

My weekends are generally free (other than this one for the drive-it-drive-it meet...) so just let me know if there's a weekend you prefer and I'm sure I can manage. Are you doing this at home or in a garage somewhere?

probably in my friends garage.... i live in apartment and they dont allow people to work on their cars in the parking lot.... so i have to find a garage to do it in.... my friend more than likely would let me use his... or at least his driveway... ill be sure to let you know when... ill give you like a week or two advance notice... and ill be sure to buy you lunch after we are done :) he lives in highlands ranch so it might be kinda a far drive for you....

That's fine. I'm usually down in the Denver area on the weekends anyhow. So, that's fine. Sounds good to me. :)

Ya be prepared, I would say the front mount will be more time consuming than the turbo. Also, I would suggest buying new oil lines when you do the turbo they are known to break and it takes like a week to get the new ones and it sucks to have your car down when you have a new turbo to play with. And when you go buy coolent lines buy new clamps with the twist things on them that you dont have to use a screwdriver for, they will save your life getting the clamp on the oil return line.

I don't know what fp your doing, but if your modding it for the walbro I would do that first and run it to make sure you are not leaking. Then plan a day to do the front mount and then run it for a bit. Then proceed with the turbo, inlet and injectors. The first two installs shouldnt really require a retune if you are planning on tuning after the turbo, I would log before and after the first two installs to make sure you are good before you proceed. This will minimize your seach if you do run into a problem. Doing mass installs is nice to get it done but can make problems hell to find after.

Just my .02

^ thats actually what i was planning... i think i can manage the FMIC and not sure about the FP... i am modding the stock housing for the walbro.... im a little nervous to dive into that one... i might just buy a housing thats pre modified for the walbro....

It was pretty easy doing the fp as long as you have the right dremel bit and orings and do the double o ring thing. Just be prepared to cut out way more of your bumper beam and bumper cover than you expect

• 2 months later...

ok... so i decided to let a shop do the install... they are giving me a pretty good deal.... here is a list of items i have... please if im missing anything or if theres anything you guys think i would need please let me know...

FP 68HTA

DW 740cc

Walbro FP

Perrin inlet

X02 FMIC

Tune from infamous

i think thats all the parts... oh... and i have the gaskets for the turbo.... UP/DP gaskets.... let me know if im missing something important or im good to go on the install... thanks guys!!

would you guys recommend going 1 step colder plugs??

YES, if running gas.

NO, if running E85.

EDIT: If you do plan on running E85, those 740's might be cutting it too close. I've estimated my max summer flow to be 680-690cc/min... on 290whp.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

yea... thats what i was afraid of... but ive ran this through infamous and he assured me that 740cc and e-85 at our altitude should be ok....

Lol I did???

Although I think you should be fine.

Legend:

What duty cycles are you seeing on your vf52 and what is your target lambda if you don't mind me asking? :)

Legend:

What duty cycles are you seeing on your vf52 and what is your target lambda if you don't mind me asking? :)

I haven't checked my IDC's in a while or very often. I did check them once or twice and believe the most I've ever seen is right around 74% and that is running 0.80 lambda after 5krpms. I have PE850's so the theoretical flow is ~925cc/min but that point is debated... not sure what your experience is. Anyhow that's how I arrive at a peak estimate of ~690cc/min flow for the power I'm able to produce.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Lol I did???

Although I think you should be fine.

Legend:

yes u did.... :lol: i hope so too... i really dont feel like buying bigger injectors....:redface:

I haven't checked my IDC's in a while or very often. I did check them once or twice and believe the most I've ever seen is right around 74% and that is running 0.80 lambda after 5krpms. I have PE850's so the theoretical flow is ~925cc/min but that point is debated... not sure what your experience is. Anyhow that's how I arrive at a peak estimate of ~690cc/min flow for the power I'm able to produce.

Thanks

yes u did.... :lol: i hope so too... i really dont feel like buying bigger injectors....:redface:

I honestly don't recall that, either way we will make them work :)

Hey, Ting. Didn't you say you were having a shop install your parts? Is that done yet or are you still waiting for parts?

waiting on the perrin inlet and BOV flange for the FMIC piping... all scheduled to be delivered today;... appointment scheduled for next thursday... though i might try to just drop my car off earlier because i am too excited... LOL... but i need to find a ride to work.... hahahah

Ah. Gotcha'. What shop are you taking it to and is it planned for a one day install? I'd be glad to drive you to work if were lived or worked anywhere even remotely near eachother. :) Get a loaner!

lol... importsports is installing it for me... i know the owner so he hooked me up pretty good i think... $1000 for FMIC, injector, fuel pump, turbo, inlet, welding BOV flange, clutch and flywheel....

oh yea... and i doubt i work anywhere near you... lol... i work in the mountains and live in aurora.... hahaha

Archived