LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

Hi all from the land down under!

I'm from Club.Liberty.asn.au and been lurking on here for a while. I've actually just spent all night browsing through the past 33 pages and these BBS wheels are growing on me fast.

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, but I thought it would be a bit relevant. These wheels actually don't come in 5x100 in Australia and seem to be extremely rare. I'm keen for a set in any colour and condition as long as they're not completely battered.

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows the going rate to get a set posted down here and if it's been done before. I'm willing to fork out the cost as long as it's not too ridiculous.

Nice to meet you all and thanks :)

as over priced as they are here, it'll still be cheap in AUD terms...

Price of these wheels have gone up quite a bit, and I am expecting shipping costs to be quite ridiculous, but hopefully there is a postal service within limits.

The actual pricing of these wheels are still quite reasonable even in AUD, also rare that they come in 5x100, so this will make it that much more special plus they look pretty awesome.

Thanks for the reply guys :)

• Moderators
Oh and BarManBean, PM sent. Thanks

Got it. Just a quick search with rough numbers, I think that sending the wheels in 4 separate shipments via USPS is likely your best best. Looks like the cost for 4 separate packages measuring 20"x20"x8" and weighing in at 22lbs each is ~$115 per wheel for a total of $460. Add in packaging and insurance and you're probably looking at $500 or so.

Shipping the wheels in 2 packages instead of 4 actually seems more expensive and really pushes the size limit of what USPS will ship internationally. Plus, actual wheel boxes designed to hold one wheel are probably easier to find that boxed for holding 2 wheels.

Hope that helps. Going rates here for BBSs range from 5/600 for a crummy set to $1000 for a mint set (as much as that can be the case with wheels that are getting close to 10 years old now).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Last time I was considering shipping wheels I went to walmart to look for boxes. Pretty sure they sell a set of 5 boxes for around $20, just about the perfect size for shipping wheels.

I wouldn't sell my crummy bbs wheels for less then $700. OEM bbs wheel, forged and 17lbs, only made 1 year, and stylish. I can't wait to put mine on with my snows, and as an added bonus the NE is expecting a white winter.

• Moderators
Last time I was considering shipping wheels I went to walmart to look for boxes. Pretty sure they sell a set of 5 boxes for around $20, just about the perfect size for shipping wheels.

I wouldn't sell my crummy bbs wheels for less then $700. OEM bbs wheel, forged and 17lbs, only made 1 year, and stylish. I can't wait to put mine on with my snows, and as an added bonus the NE is expecting a white winter.

That's fine, I wouldn't buy your crummy BBS wheels for more than $500 :lol:

I would imagine you might be able to get actual wheel boxes from a wheel shop as well for relatively cheap / free.

Price of these wheels have gone up quite a bit, and I am expecting shipping costs to be quite ridiculous, but hopefully there is a postal service within limits.

The actual pricing of these wheels are still quite reasonable even in AUD, also rare that they come in 5x100, so this will make it that much more special plus they look pretty awesome.

Thanks for the reply guys :)

also think about the replacement if you bent/damage one

that's gonna suck

Also, is the BRZ a 5x100 as well?

yup

Got it. Just a quick search with rough numbers, I think that sending the wheels in 4 separate shipments via USPS is likely your best best. Looks like the cost for 4 separate packages measuring 20"x20"x8" and weighing in at 22lbs each is ~$115 per wheel for a total of $460. Add in packaging and insurance and you're probably looking at $500 or so.

Shipping the wheels in 2 packages instead of 4 actually seems more expensive and really pushes the size limit of what USPS will ship internationally. Plus, actual wheel boxes designed to hold one wheel are probably easier to find that boxed for holding 2 wheels :)

Hope that helps. Going rates here for BBSs range from 5/600 for a crummy set to $1000 for a mint set (as much as that can be the case with wheels that are getting close to 10 years old now).

Thanks for doing that research for me, much appreciated.

I suppose that doesn't sound too bad if I can get a decent set for a good price which doesn't sound too promising. I'll also have to be mindful of the customs tax, usually when something that is shipped over here and has a worth of more than $1000, we get hit with some ridiculous taxes.

I had a look on import monster as well, and they are a few sets that come up every now and then. I'll check with them to see if shipping is any cheaper since they also have a warehouse over here in Australia.

Your right about that, 10 year old wheels, but still good quality and look very nice.

also think about the replacement if you bent/damage one

that's gonna suck

Thanks for that point, never thought about that. I suppose if that does happen and I can't manage to get it repaired I'll be in a bit of a pickle :lol:

• Moderators
Yeah, you could argue that they are worth less than $1000 (hell, you could say they're old wheels and only worth $100), but I would guess that would affect the ability to insure them for anymore than whatever you claim them at. I'd definitely want to insure an international shipment like that if it were me.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, you could argue that they are worth less than $1000 (hell, you could say they're old wheels and only worth $100), but I would guess that would affect the ability to insure them for anymore than whatever you claim them at. I'd definitely want to insure an international shipment like that if it were me.

Yeah.. had that problem with another guy here I bought rims from.. he didn't insure for the full amount. 2 got lost and he wanted me to pay him for the extra cost, in addition to the time he spent getting them to me (I didn't know about that cost..)?

He'll remain unnamed.

I'd get them insured for the full amount.