LegacyGT.com

Odd sound when wind is blowing

Anyone have this? 2007 Leg wagon

Cruising along at 70 and the wind blows and I hear an odd sound. It sounds like blowing over the top of a bottle almost but not exactly. My wife swears that you need to be turning slightly too. I have not noticed a difference if I am turning or not.

It is not all the time, and it is not with every gust. I feel like it is a design thing and the wind is hitting just right. I have only noticed it since it started getting cold too.

I have the same thing on my 07 Outback. I have always thought it sounded like a rubber band in the wind (or a car horn). Mine shows up with strong winds on the freeway, never can get it to do it for the dealer.:mad: Seems like it is worse every time I go to Mammoth or Vegas. I have ruled out two things, the cross bars are gone and it is not the mirrors like a lot of the complaints on the boards.

Yeah, it's not the problem you're having, but on my older legacy, a few times when we've had like 60 mph crosswind gusts on a windy day, as im driving down the highway, the window facing downwind will sometimes get sucked away from the frame for a second or too. Scared the HELL out of me the first time it happened.

I still prefer frameless windows though :)

I am one of the fools here who doesn't have a GT. I test drove one and was all about it but I needed to reign it in due to the sheer miles I drive per year and the need to get decent mileage on regular.

Yep, my car did that. It does sound like blowing over the top of a bottle. I thought it was a car beside me honking at first. It only happens at highway speeds when there is a crosswind. It is kind of rare too. I think the wind has to be a certain angle to the car at just the right speed.

Archived