LegacyGT.com

Concern with Low Mileage Used 06 Spec B

Last month I purchased an 06 Spec B with 9,644 miles on it. Before I bought it, there was only one owner. The dealer I bought it from said a woman had owned it, drove it rarely and only the weekends. Is there anything I should be worried about? What type of maintenance should I perform when I return home from my deployment? BTW, the car is currently sitting under a car port and driven once a week by my wife. Thanks guys for your help.
Sold: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #104 of 500

When they cars sit the organic material rots, if not properly maintained. I bought mine with super low mileage, and the seals went bad in the power steering rack, and the cv boot's cracked. The weatherstripping was rotting as well as the dry rot eating away at the tires and the wiper blades. Just keep an eye on the rubber and everything else should be fine.

....and dont take it to Casey.

Just make sure your wife does drive it. My husband started mine once a week while I was deployed and sometimes it wouldn't start, so towards the end of the deployment he started it every couple days.....I had to get a new battery when I got back.

nice dude you got the FL '06Specb... i was following that one on autotrader for awhile, but my age agreed with the '07 interior more haha. what'd you get it for?

and btw, i agree with everyone else here, it's an awesome car-with INCREDIBLE low miles for it's age...

especially when you have ppl putting 20 to 30k miles on cars a year nowadays

nice dude you got the FL '06Specb... i was following that one on autotrader for awhile, but my age agreed with the '07 interior more haha. what'd you get it for?

and btw, i agree with everyone else here, it's an awesome car-with INCREDIBLE low miles for it's age...

especially when you have ppl putting 20 to 30k miles on cars a year nowadays

I bought her for $18,800. The dealer took $1,000. off the original price. Maybe I'm just going out of my head or this car is too good to be true. Oh well, only time will tell. I'm going to enjoy her till something goes wrong. *KNOCKS ON WOOD*

Sold: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #104 of 500

I bought her for $18,800. The dealer took $1,000. off the original price. Maybe I'm just going out of my head or this car is too good to be true. Oh well, only time will tell. I'm going to enjoy her till something goes wrong. *KNOCKS ON WOOD*

:lol: dude, relax, stop saying things like 'till something goes wrong...'

you got an awesome car for an awesome price, and just like stated above, you still got a ton left on the SOA warranty. If you're really concerned about it, bring it in and tell them to inspect it. but dont complain when they try to rip you off for unneccessary crap... :rolleyes:

The only down side is your no longer covered on the 3 year 36k mile warranty, or you dont have much coverage left on it, if it is still under 3/36 I would have someone take it to the dealership for you and make sure everything is ok before your bumper to bumper warranty runs out, otherwise sounds awesome hope you enjoy it.

I bought my '06 Spec.B new. It has 91,000 miles on it now. All of the scheduled maintenance has been done. Until last weekend, I had not spent one cent on repairs. The left brake light bulb burned out. $2.

You got yourself a terrific car and it should be super reliable if you take care of it.

• 1 year later...
Uhh guys I have a problem I've notice that on my car when I go in reverse my miles don't go down.. How come I saw a movie one and it did there.. Also when I brake I think it's wearing on my brake pads.. Does it hurt my clutch when I shift.. Thanks dustin

Uhh guys I have a problem I've notice that on my car when I go in reverse my miles don't go down.. How come I saw a movie one and it did there.. Also when I brake I think it's wearing on my brake pads.. Does it hurt my clutch when I shift.. Thanks dustin

Keep reaching bud. You're almost funny.

Archived