LegacyGT.com

falken azenis pt-722

Lsnaple

Anybody have any PERSONAL experience with these? I'm contemplating them and trying them out. I've read plenty about other tires, so please don't recommend another one. I've read the basic information on them but I'm interested in what Subaru owners that have tried them think.

Well after some deliberation I decided to try them out. I ordered them and they will be on either this weekend or early next week. It was between these and continental dew, and since the dw has a soft sidewall I decided on these. Didn't hurt that they were cheaper and have a longer tread expectancy.Plus, I'm not out for the ultimate tire, just wanted a decent one until I do need the ultimate.

I'll periodically post my review of them here, and if I forget and someone is curious pm me and I'll review again.

• 3 months later...

225/45/17 on 17x7.5 enkei rpf1's. Offset I think is +48, not sure now I'll check later. Sti struts and eibach springs, so a slight roll was necessary for my particular car. I'll get an alignment soon so that may help some too.

I know it's been awhile, but I've only put 1500-2000 miles on these. I blew my headgasket right after I ordered them. Anyway, I'm happy with them.

They aren't extremely grippy or soft or hard, but I guess a good blend. These are dd tires for me and they are doing exactly what I wanted them for. I haven't pushed them hard, so I can't say how awesome they could be. They don't have a harsh ride or feel like a boat, they don't have a very stiff or soft sidewall. So far I'm pleased with dry and wet traction. They seem very good in the wet, but that could be because they are still basically full tread depth.

I'll edit later with some pics. After I get through this 100° weather and a couple more seasons and more miles on these I will review again.

• 9 months later...
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the PT-722. I just placed an order on a set. It was hard to find any real world reviews on this tire. Falken does a horrible job marketing this tire. DTD doesn't even stock it as a normal item so they have to special order it.

• 5 months later...

I'll give one last update on my impressions of this tire. Overall I think it was a good dd tire. I sold the car with them on and they still had plenty of life left, I probably did about 15-20k miles on them. Not loud, they could've had a tad more grip, but for an all around tire that doesn't break the bank I think they're fine. They weren't too firm or soft.

For a daily driver that you want to do an occasional spirited drive, these will probably be fine.

The lack of grip is very noticeable on FWD cars, particularly in the rain. I have it on my Honda Accord and you have to be easy on the throttle in those conditions. Stopping is no issue. Really enjoying the wear rate on these tires.

Archived