LegacyGT.com

Accessport dyno

coSTIgan-GT

When I did this at stage1, it was waaaaaay off. As in the numbers were impossibly high, saying I was in the 300WHP range.

Don't bother. It's just a gimmick. And yes, I'm sure I plugged in the weight estimates correctly.

Around here it doesn't really matter. If you end up with a number higher than someone else's you will hear 3-4 pages worth of posts as to why your numbers were 'high', how its impossible, how dyno's arent accurate(ever) etc... save yourself the money and just use the AP :lol:

Every real dyno is calibrated differently and reflect different numbers. The AP dyno simulatorhttp://www.ajdesigner.com/phphorsepower/horsepower_equation_trap_speed_method_horsepower.pngjust uses this equation. Horsepower figures are completely subjective anyway. I feel like it's really just about bragging rights. I put my car on a Mustang dyno last week and made 233whp and 256tq. I think my AP told me that I was somewhere around 300whp.

Dynos measure whp, so I assume the ap does as well. It is difficult to know the exact weight of your vehicle without a scale and it's also hard to find a perfectly flat peice of road to do a wot 3rd gear pull. Too many variable makes for unreliable results.

Archived