LegacyGT.com

Georgia roll call

tougefox

anybody know of a good tuner for outback xt in GA? Just purchased my xt sat. and already have the itch for MO POOOOWWWWWAAAAA!

I can't speak to the tune itself as I am NA, but Joel Pittman at QED has a mobile dyno and does tunes joel@qedtuning.com and is a good guy. Not sure if he's on here but he's popped up on wrxatlanta.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be my house if we decide to move either out of town, or closer to in town...

My DD Gen1 is now tarnished, I backed into my own truck in my own driveway and now the rear quarter is really smashed, so angry.... oh well it's a 20 year old car with 200,000 miles on it.

I need to take a staycation and finish my 06 LGT project

Thanks. One thing I've noticed here is that realtors seem to want to collect "application fees" from as many people as possible - I've seen them listed as $50 PER ADULT. Yeah... no, I'm not paying you $100 to be in line to possibly rent this house which you haven't even shown me behind however many people in front of me have already "applied" :rolleyes:

I'm game whenever guys! And bring any subie ya got. I've been toying with the idea of trying to create a "Boost and BBQ" summer event. Any turbo/super cars welcome. Just an idea at this point.

Let's join the WRXATL meet at Grand Championship BBQ this Tues!

I'm game whenever guys! And bring any subie ya got. I've been toying with the idea of trying to create a "Boost and BBQ" summer event. Any turbo/super cars welcome. Just an idea at this point.

Let's join the WRXATL meet at Grand Championship BBQ this Tues!

I'll be there! I don't have a WRX or legacy (anymore) I'll be there in my forester

Hope everything works out with the house. If anyone CAN go they should. Great BBQ and some hot cars. I wish my brakes would be here in time but unlikely. Doing the stop tech brake upgrade (pads, slotted rotors and steel lines) I figured id use that until I can afford Brembos.

Whats happening Subbie Family!

Just scooped up a 2005 GT with 116k. I am really enjoying it. Coming out of a 1995 BMW 540i6 with almost 300k.

The local yokels at Six Star Service seem to have handle on all the Decatur Subaru repairs and I will be working with them to keep my new prize in top condition. I want to tastefully upgrade the power, brakes and suspension in a way becoming of a 45 year old man. The ride height is fine for me, I just want it tighter and faster with the ability to stop shorter without spending a goldmine. I already dropped 8300 of my hard won dollars for the car….

outside.thumb.jpg.93908a74122d11c0cf474051c5511354.jpg

inside.thumb.jpg.8f414535ba39876f124dc09fa4f25d5e.jpg

Yes Six Star is an independent here in Decatur. It seems they are a good shop for keeping a solid running car. I supposed the SoccerMom clientele around here doesn't support a lot of tuning so they don't really go too far beyond a DP/UP. My LGT has over 100k miles and I need it to get up and get me there every morning, so I am not trying to go crazy with mods.

benfrancis, I need to look into the stop tech kit. Please let me know how it works for you.

Welcome,

Concerning brakes, I was very happy with the upgrade of stainless steel brake lines and changing the pads all the way around with Hawk HPS. The core brakes are good, the pads are just really bad.

The other big improvement I made with braking performance, is tires. I only put about 8K miles per year so I end up using Kumho ECSTA SPT. I only get about 25K miles out of them, but that is over three years. Good trade off for me. Tires were the overall best improvement.

Yeah tires make a huge difference! I love my Potenzas. I've heard that steel lines make a pretty decent difference also.

TOMORROW: Anyone willing to come out and enjoy some good food. Grand Championship BBW in marietta there will be a bunch of us from WRXATL there around 7pm. Bring the legacy love.

Yes Six Star is an independent here in Decatur. It seems they are a good shop for keeping a solid running car. I supposed the SoccerMom clientele around here doesn't support a lot of tuning so they don't really go too far beyond a DP/UP. My LGT has over 100k miles and I need it to get up and get me there every morning, so I am not trying to go crazy with mods.

benfrancis, I need to look into the stop tech kit. Please let me know how it works for you.

I too vouch! I had some work of about $2200 worth done to my 2002 legacy last summer. New aftermarket MLS head gaskets, timing belt, water pump, and essentials for those three to major components. Allpro has great guys there but they over quoted me $2500 or more for something standard not to mention I got some premium parts with SixStar. Six Star and Subaru of Kennesaw is the only places I go.

Where is everyone? This forum is a ghost town. People talking about meets but they seem to seldom happen.

True! Sorry man I been busy this week. We need to do another Rays or Alpharetta meet. I've notice more leggys in north of otp even other wagons showing stance. you may have seen one around Alpharetta, its all black 05-09