LegacyGT.com

Cracked Rota Rim - Do Any Vendors Stock Rota??

PhillyWilly

Wondering if anyone knows a vendor who stocks Rota. I have been searching the web and calling around and everyone says at least 2 weeks. Well I need 1 this week!

I thought I had a leaking tire but turned out to be a hairline crack. FML

18x8 +48 5x100 Hyperblack

If I can find a welding shop to do it that cheap maybe I will. I dont care about looks since its on the inner lip (cant see it). I might even take the tire off and have at it with my friends TIG. If Im going to replace it anyway, I wont care if I botch it.

I dont think 17" would help that much. 235/40 isnt that low profile. I drive on some crappy roads. I've hit some large potholes and it was probably an accumulation of them. None were recent and the leak started last week.

FYI I had my 18" OZ Ultraleggera's crack. All of them at separate times. Just daily driving, no accidents or curbs. Those wheels were $350 EACH. I've never cracked a Rota wheel out of all the sets I've owned over the years. Rota makes a durable, affordable wheel for the price. Not everyone can or wants to spend $2,000 on high end wheels. I know if I scratch, chip, bend or crack a Rota wheel, I won't be out a lot of money.

Those Ultraleggera are suppose to be super light weight wheels without being forged

How do you get those light weight? Shave off as much material as possible

Rotas uses a lot more alloy to make the wheels, therefore more durable(given the same design)/heavy

Archived