LegacyGT.com

Finally finished my sub install!

GTLegs

Saturday i finally finished my stereo... I built a box to fit in the area past the spare space in the trunk Ran power wire through grommet in fenderwell LOC power wire RCAs and turn on under center console and rear seat into trunk Lots of thanks to this forum for the info on how to take apart my new car :lol: BTW my 2 15" Memphis Audio subs pound thanks again guys for all the info!11 P.S. I will post pics 2morrow when i borrow my bud's dig cam

the pic of me holding up the spare cover is to show how i can still fold it up and get the spare out, the box is kinda small but it is not to far under the specs for the subs because it conforms to the space to get the most volume... now im trying to mount my gain control in the ash tray

Assuming you went all the way to the backseat, you should have bout 4.5 - 5 cubic ft. which isn't [i]that[/i] bad for most 15's. What's the model number for that sub? My install is coming soon, using one 12, 2.5 cubic feet, and 1200 watts :)

yah my 1400 watt RMS Earthquake amp is just sitting in my basement while I decide when I want to install everything. I'm considering new subs, so that's why I'm waiting. Plus, I want to see more good pics of how everyone is routing the wires before I try it. :D

I want to put a 10 or 12 in each of the little cubby holes on the sides of in the rear of the wagon. I think that would be a nice spots and not dig into storage space.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='Th3Franz']yah my 1400 watt RMS Earthquake amp is just sitting in my basement while I decide when I want to install everything. I'm considering new subs, so that's why I'm waiting. Plus, I want to see more good pics of how everyone is routing the wires before I try it. :D[/QUOTE]routing the wires is very easy, even compared to my tahoe, power wire into the cabin through grommet in fender, over to center and run with the turn on and rca wires under the rear carpet under rear seat then into trunk the center console removes with only 2 bolts in the console where the extra 12v is, the rear seat just pops up from front then slides forward everything from center console after removing the shifter cover is very self-explanitory, if you have anymore questions dont be scared to ask!!:)

I tried opening up the console once before, but I couldn't get the stupid e-brake cover off or whatever. I didn't want to break anything, and I went by the service manual instructions. I haven't tried again since. Did you take any pics during the install? Also, where did you mount your amp? My Earthquake amp is kind of long, but not giant. Have you sound deadened the trunk at all or is it not rattling horribly? I have 100 sq ft of Dynamat extreme that I plan on installing once I install speakers and subs.

Nice! Afraid that they would turn the graphite shafts on my golf clubs to mush though. So 1) I couldn't listen to the tunes with my clubs in the back of 2) I'd have a whole set of "hinge" shaft clubs for free and would have to go buy a new set. Guess it's full-on cruisin' to the tunes then. :cool: How did you hook up to the stock unit? SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Th3Franz']I tried opening up the console once before, but I couldn't get the stupid e-brake cover off or whatever. I didn't want to break anything, and I went by the service manual instructions. I haven't tried again since. Did you take any pics during the install? Also, where did you mount your amp? My Earthquake amp is kind of long, but not giant. Have you sound deadened the trunk at all or is it not rattling horribly? I have 100 sq ft of Dynamat extreme that I plan on installing once I install speakers and subs.[/QUOTE]just pop up the cover on the ebrake cover from the passerger side, then gently slide your finger in the gap opened up and unclip the remaining clip, once you have the ebrake cover off, just pop the center console up from the front, unplug the plug in the back on the bottom and remove... i have some pics of the install, but they are at home(im in a dorm at college) ill try to post them this weekend I mounted my amp on the back of my box it worked well like that i havent deadend my trunk YET the B****H rattles like crazy my spoiler moves like an inch up and down my back window moves in and out bout a quarter of an inch and the package tray bounces all over the place man i wish i had all that dynamat i am trying to save my money right now to buy some of that stuff and i should say that it is way too expensive!!!

You may want to try b-quiet's [url="http://b-quiet.com/index.html"]http://b-quiet.com/index.html[/url] Brown Bread Ultimate. Cheaper than Dynamat, equal or better sound dampening characteristics. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='GTLegs']just pop up the cover on the ebrake cover from the passerger side, then gently slide your finger in the gap opened up and unclip the remaining clip, once you have the ebrake cover off, just pop the center console up from the front, unplug the plug in the back on the bottom and remove... i have some pics of the install, but they are at home(im in a dorm at college) ill try to post them this weekend I mounted my amp on the back of my box it worked well like that i havent deadend my trunk YET the B****H rattles like crazy my spoiler moves like an inch up and down my back window moves in and out bout a quarter of an inch and the package tray bounces all over the place man i wish i had all that dynamat i am trying to save my money right now to buy some of that stuff and i should say that it is way too expensive!!![/QUOTE] Yeah that was one reason why I didn't get a spoiler with my car... I knew I'd add my sub-woofers eventually and I know people who have hit 150+ on a TermLab and one dude actually broke his spoiler. No joke. I got my Dynamat off of Ebay for $100, not a bad deal. B-quiet is good too, I am told. By the way, has anyone measured the potential maximum depth for 6.5" component speakers with spacers? If I knew that, I'd get some component speakers ASAP.

I may be in my doors this weekend. The JBL GTi 6.5 components are quite big, with a 2-inch voice coil and 300w rms handling :) The only thing that may keep me from working on it this weekend is my back, and I may want to wait for some kind of dynamat since I'll already be in there.

Archived