LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Replaced a burned out driver's side low beam. Went with the wheel well method because it's wet out and no garage. Let's just say there was a bit of cursing, but mostly trying to get the dust cover back on. Didn't even bother doing the passenger side because I was annoyed.

I just used some Hella bulbs off Amazon to replace the more expensive Sylvania that lasted about a year. I'm going HID and leaving this bulb nonsense behind in the near future.

Well I didn't do it, but got my coils and exhaust installed. The magnaflow catback is much louder than I expected, and the coils feel surprisingly good for how cheap they were.

That completes my New Year makeover, so I'll add a write up for everything I did in my build thread soon.

Weather has been so nice for the last few weeks, and no forecast of sub-freezing temps for the rest of February.... I put my summer wheels and tires back on. Nokians are back in the basement and the OZ's with Michelins are back in service..... Headed for the golf course in the morning ;)

qazq0UT.jpg

BTW....I think the re-paint of the rims came out really nice....did it over the winter in my basement:)

Edited by Scooby Fan

Jorge - should've pinged me - plenty of places will still pass you and I know at least three

(besides, just look at all the NYPD privately owned cars with limo-tint, including on the front windshield proudly sporting the new grey emissions stickers - awesome double standard boys!)

Stupid legislation always gets my blood boiling, including the pointless PR stunt that is vision zero. Instead of cracking down on tint (BTW technically the latest-gen S-class can't legally register in NYS because its stock tint level in the glass is above/beyond the allowable limit) the geniuses in Albany should crack down on other aspects of car inspection that actually have something to do with safety... brakes, shocks (on-car shock testing machines), tire wear, headlight/taillight output. Just like its done (at least on paper) in Europe.

Only problem is that would either

a. put 80% of the cars on the roads out of commission (public outcry, not too good for them ratings)

or b. cost too much to implement and even more to police (so it will never get done)

Much better to just impose 15mph speed limits (which won't help anyone if a statistical Darwin-award recipient decides to run a light and run over a kid while doing 50 in a 20/25) but perception is king and speed limits and cheap to implement.

Not to mention the various other bs checks at inspection to rack up more 'taxes' when the penalties, fees, tickets start feeding city hall and state budgets. woohoo

Edited by Perscitus

I got my 2nd oil sample analysis back from Blackstone Labs. The 1st sample I did came back with high iron and silver.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5690395&postcount=11

According to Blackstone the Iron levels came down to near normal so that is good. Silver is still elevated though, which could indicate bearing wear. The report says it could be healthy wear. I am not sure if that is when someone is trying to be nice to another person who is overweight and describes them as a healthy weight or not.

I think I am going to go forward and get the engine dyno tuned this spring. If the motor blows, it blows.

IMG_2518.jpg.15aeaa5633f8704c561ef649395eeded.jpg

Edited by dgoodhue

Its two fold.... one, cops can see inside as they approach very clearly, and another main reason: gives them a reason to stop someone. Being married to a cop - I ask those questions. Often some laws even the cops roll their eyes at.
As much as I respect law enforcement and couldn't care less if they stopped or screened me 1 or 1,000 times (got nothing to hide) - above still doesn't explain why its a clear double standard... regular citizens' cars - no tint, many cops' private cars (while off duty aka basically also regular citizens) - limo or 20 tint on all windows including windshield... not to mention rampant speeding in said cars (#becausefriendsdontpulloverfriends). Of course this doesnt apply to all cops, but in the TriState - many too many!

50 or 60 tint all-around on an aging Subaru, beater CamCorrd, new Stinger, etc must be safer than limo tint on the rear windshield in a Charger or an Escalade (with shotguns pointed at the patrol car tailgating the Escalade). Yet the former tint config is now illegal, while the later - totally legal. Makes no sense. Either all or nothing.

I'm indifferent to tint (although some clear film with UVB/UVA protection goes a long way to keep the interior decent for a decade or more plus helps keep the interior cooler in the summer), just dont agree with lazy bandaid legislation that solves nothing.

I'd much rather they revoke registrations for failed brake/shock/tire checks every 12 months, or implement mandatory annual or semi-annual driver tests for seniors (say 65+). Too slow to react or cant see road signs? License revoked, 5 decades was plenty.

Replaced my A/F sensor and I added some lock washers to the end link connection to the A arm. Stopped the slow speed bump rattle I had been hearing and got rid of that pesky CEL. My assumption is that I caused the crack when hammering on the stuck nut trying to disconnect the exhaust. (Front Sway Bar probs)

Imgur Gallery

bY3K5jR.jpg

^^ Have pictures of your lights on and also with your brake lights? Those look really dark.

I had some 225/50/18 Blizzaks installed at Discount Tire. Came with a 100 dollar mail in rebate for President's Day.

They’re 5%. They’re plenty bright and red at night. If i get pulled over it’ll be during the day! They’re pretty obviously illegal. Waiting for an interpretation on the vehicle traffic law in NY but fairly certain they’re illegal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll know for sure they're illegal when you get rear ended. No need to wait for the official NY state interpretation of the law.

So if I get rear ended...I’m at fault? Regardless of the time of day? New York is a no-fault insurance state...does that not matter?

So if I get rear ended...I’m at fault? Regardless of the time of day? New York is a no-fault insurance state...does that not matter?

I'm not sure you understand what a no fault state really means. You can be assigned fault for an accident, but regardless of who is at fault your insurance covers your medical expenses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk