LegacyGT.com

Denso MAF Sensor

Hello all,

I'm having a hard time finding the right Denso MAF part number for our 4th gen cars.

The oem part number is 22680AA31A TN197400-2170 which retails around $150.

There are several Denso MAF part numbers out there, here's the few that I found browsing several Subaru forums:

• 197-6020
  • 197-6130
  • 197-6040

To those that bought or replaced yours with a denso unit, which one from the three did you buy? If you have another part number that is not listed, please let me know.

Thanks!

I bought this one >>

DENSO Oxygen Sensor

#234-9120

qty:1

price per unit: $92.31

edit: which sensor location are you replacing? This was the main o2 on the downpipe iirc

i think the op is looking for a mass air flow sensor. the one found by the air filter on the air intake

im dumb. nevermind.

I bought this one >>

DENSO Oxygen Sensor

#234-9120

qty:1

price per unit: $92.31

edit: which sensor location are you replacing? This was the main o2 on the downpipe iirc

lol..

i think the op is looking for a mass air flow sensor. the one found by the air filter on the air intake

Bingo. MAF sensor =Mass Air Flow sensor

Check this Denso site vendor, not sure what year you have but they only show it for the 2008. Shows the 197-6130.

That's the first website that I looked at. They do not have any part number listings for 2005-07 models.

I went ahead and bought the 197-6040. It looks similar and the connectors are the same as far as I can tell.

I'd focus on the Subaru part number, not the MFG. (DENSO) part number:

22680AA31A

And ONLY buy the DENSO - made part, which I've heard from a few tuners, too.

But for reference (all models INCLUDES turbos):

22680AA31A 05-09 Legacy, all models except 08-09 2.5i

22680AA38A 08-09 Legacy 2.5i

22680AA310 02-07 Impreza, all models

22680AA380 08+ Impreza, all models

And I'm willing to agree w/this POST on RomRaider about 1/2 way down. The 22680AA31A = 22680AA310. The only difference is the 'A' is USA built.

TD

• 1 month later...
parad1mg, what was the verdict on the MAF?

197-6040 works perfectly.

Worked great on the base map when I fired up the engine after I rebuilt it and is still working flawlessly on the break-in map i am currently on.

My tuner also likes it. He said that the air/fuel trims are dead on.

197-6040 works perfectly.

Worked great on the base map when I fired up the engine after I rebuilt it and is still working flawlessly on the break-in map i am currently on.

My tuner also likes it. He said that the air/fuel trims are dead on.

Thanks. I'll be ordering mine shortly.

Got mine from Amazon, they had it for under $100 shipped when I bought it.

It also said that it does not fit my vehicle but, I went ahead and bought it anyway :p

Did it fit? And did it throw any codes? Looking to purchase a new one, but the Stearlship quoted me 350 for a new MAF sensor.

• 4 weeks later...

got mine in today.

took a 2 mile drive around the town.

feels a little more peppy. lighter on its feet. more effortless. also, i hear a lot more natural "woosh" going on.

curious how much air was or was not being properly metered.

will report back after a week or so.

should def be a routine maint item.

out of curiosity...if i got tuned on a less than optimal maf do i need a retune?

got mine in today.

took a 2 mile drive around the town.

feels a little more peppy. lighter on its feet. more effortless. also, i hear a lot more natural "woosh" going on.

curious how much air was or was not being properly metered.

will report back after a week or so.

should def be a routine maint item.

out of curiosity...if i got tuned on a less than optimal maf do i need a retune?

I would get it retuned. I had my stage 2 retuned when I changed my MAF and the car definitely responded better.

I would get it retuned. I had my stage 2 retuned when I changed my MAF and the car definitely responded better.

haha. needing and doing is 2 different things. im not sure what a follow up tune would cost but the original was 450. i needed an exhaust was my problem but i wasnt and still not going to spend 800-1000 for 10hp. think my car was maxed out with what i have. they kept boost lower at 17psi and pulled 285ftlb.

with that said im more worried about things not lining up right and having other strange issues. the ecu seems to keep adjusting but at what point does it find a comfort level?

will be taking it out soon for a trip to the dealer. will post back how the maf has changed anything. well, if it has anyways outside of what i have already posted.

havent driven enough to say for certain.

i do hear the "woosh" on the passenger side a bit more than before. the engine isnt so eager to over rev as much. seems to be grabbing the gear better as a punch it from 4-5 while doing 25. less hesitation to do so.

theory to a possible misfire...engine pulls in air but its not 100% metered. then the spark hits and expects a ceretain amount of air but is actually more. i dont know this really as i deal with electronics not vehicle things.

• 8 months later...

Can anyone provide a link to where I can purchase P/N 22680AA31A ?

I bought Denso P/N 197-6040 and everything looks good except my A/F learning 1 A is at +8% to +14%. Have verified no vacuum leaks, fueling issues or O2 sensor issues

Can't find this part anywhere other than Subaru, who wants $190 for it...yikes

• 3 weeks later...

I need a new maf sensor for a 07 lgt 2.5l w turbo. Can anyone help me out w a model # or a website I can find one cheaper then $280 which the subaru dealership quoted me.

Maf sensor in the car now is a denso tn 197400 2170 model #

Archived