LegacyGT.com

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Okay so i've been having this really weird phenomenom with my car, (05 gt limited) occasionally when i am coasting right before coming to a stop the car kinda shakes. The engine doesnt sputter at all the car runs perfectly fine. It only does it occasionally but i have no idea what the problem is. Right before coming to a stop theres just a slight shake. Anyone else who has had this problem or any thoughts please comment. Thanks

It must be a 5mt, right ?

Is the shake in the chassis or engine ?

How often do you drive the car ?

Could you have rusty brake rotors ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It must be a 5mt, right ?

Is the shake in the chassis or engine ?

How often do you drive the car ?

Could you have rusty brake rotors ?

It feels like its more in the chasis than the engine itself shaking. Its a daily driver that i drive between 20-30 miles a day during the week. I have just over 100,000 miles on the car. And im not sure on the brake rotors, i'm unfortunately mechanically illiterate for the most part.

Oh its a auto.

When you said coasting, I thought you meant you pushed in the clutch and put the tranny in neutral, like I do.

You could have a transmission issue. Have you checked the fluid level ?

You may want to stop by a Transmission shop for a free road test.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Okay so i've been having this really weird phenomenom with my car, (05 gt limited) occasionally when i am coasting right before coming to a stop the car kinda shakes.

What gear are you in? D (4th) OD (5th). I'm thinking the lockup part of the torque convertor is hanging up. Does it do it in D (4th) & OD (5th) or just OD (5th). How a bout (N)? When was the last time your A/T was serviced?

I would PM ClimberD@HexMods

His valve body thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/valve-body-mods-giant-leaps-forward-160101.html

He should be able to help you out if it's a tranny issue.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I've had a similar issue.However there were times where my car just felt like it was on the brink of stalling. (I also own a 5EAT) In my case, what happened was that the purge valve failed to open and close. This means there were no leaks, hence no CEL. I replaced it for about 50-60 dollars and it's been running fine since then.

I just checked the trans fluid and levels were normal, and it does when the cars in first gear only right before coming to a complete stop. I also noticed today that it only seems to do it when im on the brakes for a prolonged period of time, (slowing from about 40mph or higher). If i pump the brakes I couldnt seem to get the car to do it.. Thanks for all the help by the way guys

It's a 05, by chance have you replaced the o-rings at the intake manifold to the TGV's. They are known to cause idle issues.

When you see the new o-rings next to the old one's, you'll understand why they cause vacuum/idle issues.

Shift to neutral the next time you try to reproduce the problem. It'll help rule out the transmission if the problem goes away. I agree with Hammer Down. I think it's a torque converter problem, which is why I wanted to know if it was auto or manual.

It'd start with something easier than having him go through a host of time intensive tests.

1. Check tranny fluid levels - a given

2. Check for oil in intake - remove BOV and look in - can cause knock

3. Ensure you have good gas in the car

4. Watch your RPMS. What happens just before the stop that causes the shake?

If on #4, a lot of people will point to o-rings. I had this problem and fixed it without o-rings.

My fix was:

1. Clean MAF

2. Replaced PCV

Archived