LegacyGT.com

Clarkson's latest rant

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/01/stories/07/1.html

There is no excuse for this. There are designers at Subaru who can create a pretty car. You only need cast an appreciative eye over the Legacy shooting brake to know that. But Subaru obviously felt that when it came to the Impreza, the badge alone would be enough to carry the day. And therefore allowed the styling to be done by the boss's dog.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Right now, I'm looking out of my window at the new Subaru Impreza WRX, and I'm sorry, but there's no getting away from the big, all-consuming, overpowering fact that despite a number of outstanding features, no one in their right mind will buy such a thing. Because it looks like it's been hosed down with a massive and sustained burst of fire from the ugly gun.

lmfao.... the UGLY STICK.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I don't think so. The design is just not distinctive. It is a blob and is boring to look at. The STI on the other hand IS distinctive with the flaired body panels and quad exhaust, but still kind of ugly. It's ok though as the STI has always been kind of ugly.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

In another year or so, people will think it looks fine.

+1

I've said it numerous times before, but when the 02 Bug Eye hit our shores, I almost died, I thought it was so ugly.

Now, 6 years later, I'd kill to get a used one at a good price and make it my weekend highway bomber. I love the look now.

"They are wrong. No one will buy an ugly sofa, no matter how comfortable or cheap it might be. And while women harbour the Austenesque notion that men find kindness, a good heart and a sense of humour important when looking for a spouse, the fact is that what we really want is tits like the Alps, legs like the Silk Road and a face like Kiera Knightley's.

I like a painting. But I will not buy one, no matter how deft the brushwork, or how well the artist captures the natural light, if the subject matter is James May's scrotum. Because I would not find that attractive."

Awesome! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I don't think so. The design is just not distinctive. It is a blob and is boring to look at. The STI on the other hand IS distinctive with the flaired body panels and quad exhaust, but still kind of ugly. It's ok though as the STI has always been kind of ugly.

To put it a different way, the standard Impreza (and WRX or S-GT) design will always be 'timelessly ugly'

The Sti hatch at least has some personality in its design that it'll polarize opinion. Ppl will consider it cool-looking, or still-ugly.

+1

I've said it numerous times before, but when the 02 Bug Eye hit our shores, I almost died, I thought it was so ugly.

Now, 6 years later, I'd kill to get a used one at a good price and make it my weekend highway bomber. I love the look now.

I had similar reactions about bugeye. Now I think it's best looking GD Impreza.

As far as new STI. We'll see. It's ugly as sin although with a mesh grille it looks better.

From the Sunday London Times January 20, 2008

"But there’s another, easier way of establishing whether someone is two spanners short of a tool box. Just ask them this simple question: “Are you wearing a Subaru rally jacket?” Because if they are, you will need to speak more slowly.

I’ll let you into a little secret. Each week, when Top Gear is on air, we prepare two scripts. One is a polysyllabic orgy of complex thoughts on the meaning of human happiness. And the other is full of words such as “tits” and “arse”. Choosing which one eventually gets used depends on how many audience members turn up in Subaru Imprezas.

No, really. If the audience is largely in tweed and Viyella, you can make them laugh with oblique references to Dickens and the iniquities of colonialism in 19th century Calcutta. If it’s a forest of Subaru baseball caps out there, we stick to genitals and spend the day skidding around the studio on banana skins.

Of course, there are intelligent Subaru drivers, but for the majority of them, there are only eight letters in the alphabet. WRX STIR and B."

"They are wrong. No one will buy an ugly sofa, no matter how comfortable or cheap it might be. And while women harbour the Austenesque notion that men find kindness, a good heart and a sense of humour important when looking for a spouse, the fact is that what we really want is tits like the Alps, legs like the Silk Road and a face like Kiera Knightley's.

Have you ever seen a picture of Jeremy Clarkson's wife?

No. Why?

Francine Clarkson, his wife, is no supermodel, thats why. But Clarkson himself is no prize either in the looks dept, so he was lucky to get her. At least she puts up with him. They have 3 small kids at home, but apparently he's a bigger child than any of them. haha

:lol:

Without the summer teeth lined up Iowa corn, correct? (Just wanted to keep the colorful metaphor going...) :lol:

Love that Clarkson!

"Did the boss of Subaru look at the clay model of the Impreza and say: "Yes, I especially like the droopy arse and the way it doesn't in any way match the front. Oh and I see you've put a life-size model of the Sydney Opera House on the bonnet. Well done."

:lol::D

Yeah, there was once an article Jeremy wrote talking about how his wife refuses to drive anything automatic, or dsg for that fact, won't drive his slk because its an auto, and takes weekends with her girlfriend to drive her lotus elise which has been lowered, stiffened and tuned.

May not be a looker, but shes round 50 and gets +100 hot points for her driving

Love that Clarkson!

"Did the boss of Subaru look at the clay model of the Impreza and say: "Yes, I especially like the droopy arse and the way it doesn't in any way match the front. Oh and I see you've put a life-size model of the Sydney Opera House on the bonnet. Well done."

:lol::D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, there was once an article Jeremy wrote talking about how his wife ...takes weekend with his girlfriend to drive her lotus elise which has been lowered, stiffened and tuned.

May not be a looker, but shes round 50 and gets +100 hot points for her driving

She gets +2000 points for taking weekends with his girlfriend to drive his girlfriend's Lotus. (I think Jeremy is "stiffened and tuned" by this.)

Archived