LegacyGT.com

PO700 code

Came home from work and went for a ride all was going great, then the car car started to sound weird, and sputtered and just died! :mad:

Flat bed just happen to come by, and towed me to my mechanic's shop. I checked my AP and got the PO700 Code,

I did my research and read every thread about this, is the Tranny shot, or is it with the tranny sensor, or the big question how much$$$$ will this cost to fix. So before you flame me I just need to vent and to ask some questions.

I don't have my Mech home phone so I can't bother him :)

Any help would be appreciated

BX

I don't have my Mech home phone so I can't bother him :)

BX

I'm sure there's a reason for that...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Spun bearing just got the news :mad:

He looking into options on what he is going to do. he sold it to me about 3 weeks ago.

It had 80K on it, he did a complete 90K service

+ new radiator, flush all fluids, tune up, it was running great, Until.............

Can any one recomend what would be the best course of action. rebuilt, junk yard, new, any idear of costs??

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

That's my thread. It's cheaper to buy a new oem short block and have your heads rebuilt. You will want to have your heads checked by a good machine shop, chances are the valves are not in the best of shape. No sense in putting so so heads on a new block.

That should be a good start.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

That's my thread. It's cheaper to buy a new oem short block and have your heads rebuilt. You will want to have your heads checked by a good machine shop, chances are the valves are not in the best of shape. No sense in putting so so heads on a new block.

That should be a good start.

Max just skimmed through your thread, I see you got a newer Turbo, (that was my next question) Do I replace the turbo, and what about this 5EAT Tranny, should I worry, my wife says tell him you want your money back (lemon law).

I have access to Unlimited OT at work, I can have this extra work all paid of by the end of July. He said If we do this lets do it right the first time.

What to do!!

Doing it right the first time is the best way. That's why I did what I did.

The vf52 was done last Aug, it was $1030 I think. It came from Mike at AZPinstalls.com. You will need a tune with it, I'm sure he can get a vf46 also.

Your tranny should be fine.

3 weeks ago, the car should be covered under the 30 day warranty.

Doing it right the first time is the best way. That's why I did what I did.

The vf52 was done last Aug, it was $1030 I think. It came from Mike at AZPinstalls.com. You will need a tune with it, I'm sure he can get a vf46 also.

Your tranny should be fine.

3 weeks ago, the car should be covered under the 30 day warranty.

I know it's covered, but I did flash it to stage 1 when I got it, so is it my fault, or would it have blown anyway??

It would have blown any ways. Stage 1 is the minimum you want to be at. The factory MAP is flawed. There is a flaw in the timing that causes burnt valves.

• Moderators

Your wife has good advice unless you're getting a new engine under good will or something similar. If you have to pay the full cost I'd say screw it and return it if you can. But it's your call, you'd end up with a new engine I guess...

EDIT: P0700 is a transmission code...why is it throwing this code if you have a spun bearing?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

He is replacing it with a new longblock, Only costs to me is the difference for a built motor as opposed to a stock, Labor is on him, And if Turbo is shot he is going to have it rebuilt.

And if tranny is shot thats on him also, might be cheaper for him to give me my money back at that point

• Moderators
He is replacing it with a new longblock, Only costs to me is the difference for a built motor as opposed to a stock, Labor is on him, And if Turbo is shot he is going to have it rebuilt.

And if tranny is shot thats on him also, might be cheaper for him to give me my money back at that point

Sounds like a great outcome for you.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 4 months later...
I am bringing this back from the dead, I finally got my car back, long story short, my motor went after owning it for only 28 days, and 4 long months of being very patient on my side, and dealing with 2 dealers. I now have a 05 LGT wagon with a Brand new Long block and turbo:) with a SOA warranty, over 8K in new parts:), with no money out of my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only down side is my registration expired, and have to wait until Monday to to DMV, and deal with them! all new cosmetic parts and snow tires will go on soon. will keep you guys posted!

Archived