LegacyGT.com

winshield replacement

RedHorizon

Hello mid-a, I need to replace my windshield. I got a quote from $274 from Safelite. Does that sound good? If not could any of you recommend a better company in the DC area?

Thanks

+1000 for Safelite. FL is a no fault windshield state and they were dynamite!

That price is great.

Rehab is for quitters.

I got mine for under 300. and the original Suabru Carlex.

Contact Auto glas fil systems... they are in laurel.

NEVER EVER GO TO ROYAL AUTO GLASS!!!

dealign with them on my back glass replacment now. Liars who do shotty work

GTBiggie, do you happen to have the # or addy of the place. tried looking it up with no avail. Thanks

Safelite called me back yesterday to confirm my appointment and said that it would be $358. Their quote said $274, she said it may be another $60 if they cant reuse the trim. So they hook you in with the initial quote and then call you 3 days later and tell you it could be more after you set up the appointment! :/ Hope they can reuse the trim. I have an 05; I hope the trim is still good! Should it still be in good enough condition to be reused?

• 7 months later...

So say we all, I need it too skinjob.

Hello mid-a, I need to replace my windshield. I got a quote from $274 from Safelite. Does that sound good? If not could any of you recommend a better company in the DC area?

Thanks

Mr.350

My suggestion is Auto glass fil systems. they are in laurel MD. and i would suggest you ask for Ian or Ean. I forget how he spelled it. Great guy. Does great work. and made sure i got what i wanted.

In my case i wanted the stock glass that subaru put in. And even after a mistake where the wrong glass came in. He got the right glass and put it in. The install was perfect. COuldnt tell it had been replaced.

Do not go Royal glass. I had my rear glass done by them due to being in a pinch for time. Did a HORRIBLE job. quoted stock glass, didnt get stock glass. And when i saw it the glass was wavey, the built in antenna SUCKED and there was excess glue everywhere visable. Was horrible. When i called and complained and requested the glass i ordered(stock or OEM glass) they argued with me that they only carry stock(I told them that they carried aftermarket OEM replacement glass). And after a LOT of aguing and yelling... They eventually said they could get me dealer glass but it would cost a lot more. And i went OFF. The original quote had been for OEM not aftermarket.

Needless to say after weeks of calling the managers and not getting replies and what not. I finally called the main boss not the service manager. And went APE shit on him. In the end months later i got the original equipment glass put in. The workmanship was slightly better but far from perfect. But i decided to give up... too much of a head ache.

RANT OVER

^that's about the only reward for going through the pita of cracking/replacing one, crystal clear unpitted glass :)

fwiw, i went with safelite about a month ago; i don't know if they fee for coming out to the house like they did, but my tab was in the 3s. perfect looking windshield, much better than some replacements i've seen, not the greatest seal job though; i had to go over a spot or 2 with some rtv (less hassle than bitching about it, having them come back, etc.).

My suggestion is Auto glass fil systems. they are in laurel MD. and i would suggest you ask for Ian or Ean. I forget how he spelled it. Great guy. Does great work. and made sure i got what i wanted.

In my case i wanted the stock glass that subaru put in. And even after a mistake where the wrong glass came in. He got the right glass and put it in. The install was perfect. COuldnt tell it had been replaced.

Do not go Royal glass. I had my rear glass done by them due to being in a pinch for time. Did a HORRIBLE job. quoted stock glass, didnt get stock glass. And when i saw it the glass was wavey, the built in antenna SUCKED and there was excess glue everywhere visable. Was horrible. When i called and complained and requested the glass i ordered(stock or OEM glass) they argued with me that they only carry stock(I told them that they carried aftermarket OEM replacement glass). And after a LOT of aguing and yelling... They eventually said they could get me dealer glass but it would cost a lot more. And i went OFF. The original quote had been for OEM not aftermarket.

Needless to say after weeks of calling the managers and not getting replies and what not. I finally called the main boss not the service manager. And went APE shit on him. In the end months later i got the original equipment glass put in. The workmanship was slightly better but far from perfect. But i decided to give up... too much of a head ache.

RANT OVER

ditto on the auto glass fil systems. got mine done last november. installer was great and it was just under $200. i think there's a coupon for 10% off on their website.

most of my commute is highway so the pitting has started again....:mad:

• 9 months later...
I'm not finding their website when I google them. could someone give me their link? my windshield just cracked this morning. :mad: small 1/2 in crack I had decided to grow after 2 years.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

thanks I failed at google search today:)
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I just got off the phone with Autofil. they'll replace my heated windshield for $219 plus tax. an additional $45 if I need the gasket. only problem is they don't service frederick and I'd have to leave my car there for a few hours.

Royal wants to charge me $425:eek: installed

and royal does SHIT work. I mean total f#ck!ng SH!T...

Make sure that Auto Glas fill uses the OEM subaru glass. Ian was very good to me and made sure it was EXACTLY the same.

Royal quoted OEM and put in OEM replacement not true OEM. was wavy in places and looked horrible before I even got to the sh!t job with glue all over the paint.

called my insurance. while my deductible is $1000 for windshield they did recommend safelite which is in frederick and will come to me. price installed $279 plus tax.

Archived