LegacyGT.com

just doing a quick search:

http://freeautomechanic.blogspot.com/2008/01/code-p0700.html

Flush that Trans fluid immediately. Don't forget to have them change the filter behind your battery. Subaru Indemitsu HP fluid ONLY. Believe it or not, this corrects some of the performance issues with the 5 EAT.

rao wrote: P0700 isn't a transmission code; it is a ECU code signaling a transmission control problem. Without a complementary P07xx code from the transmission it isn't possible to tell what the problem was. I'd guess that the hard starting and faiiure too find idle made the ECU "freak out" and throw a random code.

I recently got a ATF flush recently at the dealership and it cost me $156.04

• 3 weeks later...
Well, Just wanted to give everyone an update...My car threw the code again (p0700)-Lucky I was at Agile auto getting some preventive maintenance done and they were able to read the TCU which through this code...p1718 "Can Comm Error/AT CAN Communication Circuit"! Come to find out the guy working on my car was a Subaru tech for years...He said they are going to have to more than likely change my TCU out..but anyway, So I take it to the dealership and they said since I'm out of warranty it's going to cost me! I only have 40k miles on the damn car and this type of thing isn't covered under warranty?

Archived