LegacyGT.com

Just went stage I..almost runs too smooth at first?

Graphite675

So I just received my Used V1 accessport last week...i have an 05 LGT 5MT. After reading all the threads, other peoples concerns, directions etc. I was expecting the car not to start the first couple of times i tried to crank it over and also run a little bit rough at first. So i started the process..followed the very simple instructions and in one of the first steps it says that when it is test mode after you connect the green wires the radiator fans will cycle on and off..fuel pump same and everything. Only thing that was wrong is that I noticed that my check engine light was not flashing as the directions stated( I am aware that it says to follow the instructions for a check engine light that is not flashing on Page 49 or whatever)..but my AP did not come with a book or anything so that i could go through the troubleshooting steps, so I got online, went to cobb forums and everything...only thing i could really find on it was one thread where a member said that sometimes that particular light on the legacy gt's does not flash. as anxious as I was to get it on, I went ahead and followed the rest of the directions anyhow...let it load for about 35 min or so and it was done said it was complete and got absolutely NO errors. Much to my surprise I got in to crank it up (expecting it not to start on the first couple of attempts) and it cranked right up..smooth as always no hesitation or anything. Let it warm up a little and took it for a drive..after a few miles i got on it a little bit and there is a noticeable difference in power and no hesitation or RPM's almost falling to the point of the car stalling as some other poeple have said in the past.---Just wondering if this is normal? The car did have a previous owner so i suppose that it could have previously had an AP however i doubt it because the car had absolutely no other modifications done to it.(the only other mods done to the car are HID's and tint so i assume they would not have anything to do with it) thoughts?

Also..im contemplating on gutting my DP, will this throw the check engine light or does the access port suppress that at Stage I?

Thanks!

The Cobb Stg2 map will take care of the rear o2 sensor CEL or the "low cat effeciency" CEL when the stock cats are removed. Otherwise, yes the Stg1 map should make the car run better. Most of the issues people have stem from vacuum hoses popping off under boost.
Let's kick this pig!

Am I the only one who went into this knowing it would cost me lots of money? :lol:

I knew it would cost me a pile of cash, I just thought it would end at some point, not just snowball out of control over the years...

Let's kick this pig!

Archived