LegacyGT.com

Aux in Kit by a shop?

dsdavis02

Can local audio shops perform the work required to install some of these "aux-in kits" that require soldering? I dont have the equipment or skill to do it correctly and just wondering if a local shop does that kind of work or if its too much to ask.:confused:

Anyway, I would be getting a system installed at the same time. So I wouldn't just be paying for some random request.

Thanks for the link. I have read it a couple times. This was an impulse buy, but I was just interested. He said everything will continue to function normally. I think thats where the on/off switch comes in. turn it on, the fm setting is now the aux setting. turn it off, the fm setting is the fm radio. and it looks clean. so i think it will work. If not, i dont care. The whole reason Im getting this is because i get two butt rock/country stations out here and i need bass!

• I Donated
Thanks for the link. I have read it a couple times. This was an impulse buy, but I was just interested. He said everything will continue to function normally. I think thats where the on/off switch comes in. turn it on, the fm setting is now the aux setting. turn it off, the fm setting is the fm radio. and it looks clean. so i think it will work. If not, i dont care. The whole reason Im getting this is because i get two butt rock/country stations out here and i need bass!

I'm confused, how does this deliver better bass than the jazzy system?

I'm confused, how does this deliver better bass than the jazzy system?

Oh sorry for the confusion. I was saying the rock and country stations weren't satisfying me.

I have no clue what the Jazzy system can or can't do. And I don't know what this system will do either. Ill let you guys know after 4(eastern) today how good it works.

I've had a direct plug-in FM modulator before - it sounded like crap.

I used the Jazzy for a few years until I bought a head unit from an '07 with Aux-in.

Do it right the first time, don't screw around and waste money. The Jazzy is the first place you should look if you don't want to spend $300 on a head unit from a junk yard.

Ok yesterday I listened to it a while.

Its not CD quality but it is still very listenable. Im actually happy with it. Im not an audiophile but really it isnt a bad option. And the flush mount looks super clean. Also it doubles your usb capacity in the car.

So again Im not an expert or endorsing this, but for me id say 4/5. .....thus far

Archived