LegacyGT.com

Injector help.

rtbrjason

I don't have much experience with tuning injectors but looking to upgrade mine to run e85 on my current setup which is a vf46 stage 2. I plan to eventually get a turbo upgrade (likely hta68) so I want to have plenty of room. To that end I've decided on 1000cc. I don't really plan to ever go FMIC so I think 1000cc is sufficient.

I've done plenty of searching around but hoping someone has some thoughts on the 3 I'm debating between. I'm hoping to be able to tune these myself and I'm somewhat retentive on idle and cruise drivability.

So my priority would be:

1. Like stock idle/cruise

2. Easy to tune (Latencies and scaler well defined/proven)

3. Easy install (I'm thinking this will mostly be the same for all)

The 3 choices being:

1.Denso MD54344-1000 from Five-0 Motorsports

2.DW1000cc. These are around $550 after a core refund

3.ID1000cc. These are around $450 or so.

Despite the first choice being cheaper, I am leaning toward the ID1000 as many here use and recommend them. Interested in hearing any opinions from people who've tuned any or all of these.

No direct experience with any of those, but I am sure all 3 will perform genrally the same. I would lean toward DW's because of all the Suby's running them reliably already. But I have heard good things about the ID's also.

I have DW740s and they idle fine, fit perfect and tune very easily IMO.

Thanks man.. Hoping for some more feedback still. I'd like to pull the trigger on injectors in the next week or 2..

How are the 740s working out with e85? Any injector left?

I am pretty much out of injector at around 5,000 RPM on E85. Good news is its hard to make the E85 knock..hitting 11.6-11.8:1 afr on the top end with no ill effects. I cannot run E85 in dead of winter with these injectors. Spring-Fall I should be ok.

Good luck.

I've been waiting for someone that is 07+ to get a set of ID's. Theoretically, you should just need to solder the pigtails and your good to go since we are already top feed. According to many members they are the best injectors around.

They also make a set of 725cc which i've been eyeing.

I would get the ID1000s with the P&P adapters. Proven latencies, best spray pattern, most consistent fueling. Since your car is top-feed already this is really a no-brainer.

Thanks. I was waiting for you and a few others to chime in on this. I had a feeling it was going to be ID1000s. I'm unsure of what the P&P adapters are though. Does this negate the need to solder?

I got a couple quotes on the injectors and no one else has mentioned the adapters.

Try Jeremy from Fred Beans Parts:

Here are the adapters.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/injector-dynamics-pnp-adaptor-harness.html

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/i/d/id-pnp.jpg

Thanks. I was waiting for you and a few others to chime in on this. I had a feeling it was going to be ID1000s. I'm unsure of what the P&P adapters are though. Does this negate the need to solder?

I got a couple quotes on the injectors and no one else has mentioned the adapters.

And yes, they negate the need to solder.

I would get the ID1000s with the P&P adapters. Proven latencies, best spray pattern, most consistent fueling. Since your car is top-feed already this is really a no-brainer.

+1 no-brainer on the ID1000's for a native topfeed setup.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived