LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! VBG1 will be back in stock soon. Slightly different hardware build was forced due to the production cut-off of the existing oled type. The new one looks very similar with a less of a gloss finish on the OLED itself, more of a matte Finnish. Very subtle differences, the new hardware performs identically to the existing hardware in both fit and function.

The new hw changes force the software to be bumped to 1.05b8 rev. It will be soon available on the website and will work with all 1.05bX gauges. I few improvements and modifications have been made, these will be outlined when finalized.

VBG1 should be back in stock next week. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Regarding software updates - I while back I was planning on posting a new update to the website...Looks like I never did. Sorry about that. I will try to get this up this week.

Scooby2.5 - was there a feature you were specifically interested in?

Here is the Version info for the latest version shipping 1.08:

// Version information

// Version 1.0b8

// - Brightness levels set by ambient light only - removed Parking light input

// - Support added for new oled hardware (CFAL12832E-W-B1)

// - New hardware Identification hardwareType = 0 is new hardware PORTD PIN_0

// - No longer does all leds light up when you modify the opening text

//

//

// - 0x62 //EE PROM STATUS

// Version 1.05b7

// - Voltage averaging and display cleaned up

// - Removed boost markers

// - Allowing more characters for custom startup

// - Default Startup message changed

// - No longer supports temperature probe

// - 0x62 //EE PROM STATUS

// - Boost averaging adjusted (less averaging at med / high)

The updates are pretty minor but the software strategy has to been eliminate features that have little interest or value and add new ones. In version 1.09 I hope to add additional sensor support, so you can run dual sensors at the same time- People seem to want AFR and oil pressure the most. Some hate to choose and I understand. The hardware supports two channels. :)

Do you have an idea of when more AUX adapters will be available?

Let me check the build stock and get back to you.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

...and now the gauge won't turn on today. The fuse is good. Connections are tight. Is my car telling me it is time for something new? I PM'd Andy.

Got my new sending unit and PLX wideband installed this weekend and everything works great! Thank you so much for supporting the PLX.

Why oh why to these forums ever recommend Innovate? The PLX install was cake compared to the rats nest of wires I removed while pulling out the dead LC-1 (2nd time I've killed an LC-1, 3rd wb02 sensor). The PLX also warms and is ready to go much quicker than the LC-1.

lossol, just looking for a couple of small changes/ improvements, here they are from previous posts.

1.05b8 ready yet?

Wondering if you are going to change to a higher range for AFR on off throttle?

So up it to like 22 instead of 19.7

Thanks

Greg

I do have one issue that randomly pops up. The top button randomly acts like it gets pressed and so it changes the second screen. The light beside the button lights up and all and stays lit for a good minute or two before going out which then I can press it to change it back to what I had. I have tried to duplicate it but it's completely random as to when it happens.

Lastly I had mentioned that when the VBG times out and goes blank, if you touch the button to wake it back up it goes to the next selection instead of waking up where it was before.

So for example if I am looking at AFR and it goes to sleep, if I touch the button to wake it up, it goes to AFR graph or whatever the next selection in line is.

It would be nice if you touch the button and it just wakes up and goes back to what you were looking at before.

Minor inconvenience so not too critical

Ordered mine today but forgot to add in the fuse cord connector piece. Is it a must have? A little insight would be great on this please. I am also having trouble adding things to the cart to order? had to sign into my old account and luckily i had a cart saved :) Thanks in advance. Edited by Daniels

^ yup, I just got it as the auto stores around me didn't have one. Although I didn't realise the direction the fuse sits out on would matter - I'm RHD so that means if I want to use IG2 for my power I can't as the fuse sticks out rightwards and hits the metal bracing beside the fuse box.

To save me hunting through this whole thread again, what would be the next best fuse to hook into? As I understand IG1 isn't ideal for the air sampler in the VBG unit.

http://static.wix.com/media/51a7f8_adabdc891f8ce0186b51ecc35a7ab6ab.jpg_srz_299_337_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Is the IG2 shown on the upper bank of fuses identical? Could be an easy solution there but uses a higher amperage for the fuse?

http://static.wix.com/media/51a7f8_42f168914d090d3145f94e9865ee26ee.jpg_srz_229_334_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

So I installed the gauge yesterday. Very happy with the product! works perfect and has a very fast response time.

Figured since I'm JDM (RHD model) and pretty new to car mods I'd do a small walk through on how the install to help anyone else. This mod was super easy to do and I didn't have any issues at all. The only tools I ended up needing was a nail, scissors and a dremel (not necessary). I also disconnected the battery when working around the wiring just to be sure.

Attachment 1:

I ordered the gauge, the fuse holder and the necessary piping (1/4" piping isn't shown in the pic, it was about 8' long, ended up cutting about 2' off) and tee connections from the website. The only tools I used were a nail to make a small hole in the grommet, as you'll see, and scissors to cut the piping to size.

Attachment 2:

A picture showing the BPV and the section of pipe where I will tee into.

Attachments 3 & 4:

To pass the piping from the engine bay to the cabin I decided to use the grommet within the drivers side wheel bay, basically following the same line as the bonnet release cable. 3 shows the plastic panelling removed from the bay and 4 shows the grommet within the wheel bay that I passed the piping through.

Attachment 5:

This just shows the same grommet from the cabin of the car, easy enough to find by following the bonnet release cable.

Attachments 6 & 7:

So 6 this shows the tee in place and the piping running along the back of the engine bay towards the drivers side wheel, I made use of the cable holders already in place along the wall and used a few zip ties to keep it in place. 7 shows the gap above the wheel well that I passed the piping through to reach the grommet. I used a small section of larger piping to protect the line as it passed through this hole.

Attachment 8:

Showing the route of the piping

Attachment 9:

This shows the piping as it passes through the grommet. I used a nail to make the initial incision and cut the end of the piping on an angle in order to get it through the tiny hole. I have sealant on hand to tidy up the hole.

Attachments 10 & 11:

After removing the vent (wont say much about that, all you need to do is remove the side panel and the vent pops out nice and easy and the link above has the manual to do all of that). I had to dremel the corner of the vent slightly to make a comfortable fit for the gauge [10] and i also dremeled off one of the clip holders to allow a nice gap for the ribbon for the gauge [11].

Attachments 12 & 13:

12 shows the path of the ribbon and 13 shows the gauge in place.

Attachment 14:

This shows where I placed the sending module and zip tied it into place (don't worry I tidied all that cabling up with zip ties). I placed the fuse holder in the upper IG2 slot as I couldn't use the lower IG2 as there wasn't enough space. So far no issues at all with using this fuse.

Attachments 15 & 16:

And voilà! The gauge in place and working as it should. Peak boost I've seen is 15psi. Loving this gauge! Hope this helps

WP_000399.thumb.jpg.6a0630dbd73c247410a9f4e7caafc69e.jpg

DSCF0251_2.thumb.jpg.4a38afb4a03d2b5e9cd6680efa72a6c3.jpg

DSCF0253.thumb.jpg.65defe98261066634ecee55d39176a37.jpg

DSCF0254.thumb.jpg.6b7455111968c6ed01fdea064faab5db.jpg

DSCF0257.thumb.jpg.fa5720ac011c99054dc667b4a8c3a252.jpg

DSCF0275.thumb.jpg.4fc6fc846b0a2d3cc7e6f46b30825b75.jpg

DSCF0259.thumb.jpg.7f183123656570411e0df908fcf38e4e.jpg

DSCF0261.thumb.jpg.a515be6a5fea229105c8ba96cef8eebc.jpg

DSCF0265.thumb.jpg.dbfecf60394c841507a5c113b41a6c75.jpg

DSCF0266.thumb.jpg.e8c7240804851caf0cc5258516f527c5.jpg

DSCF0268.thumb.jpg.fcd16e6d2f62f057fe48aa399ee048e1.jpg

DSCF0269.thumb.jpg.01b54a5ae219d746285c9155c5081815.jpg

DSCF0270.thumb.jpg.e5b93b7dde33c58f138343c53b2ef31a.jpg

DSCF0273.thumb.jpg.d1796e2a75c2f4d63bf33ebe20c83c7e.jpg

DSCF0276.thumb.jpg.b422ca778a14d29341d9e1ebaed59689.jpg

WP_000400.thumb.jpg.af528d2d7a8def45b0f927ce86b78190.jpg

Edited by PtPixel

Lossol, are the new vbg sending units available as upgrades for us current owners? I would like the ability to run both an AFR sensor and oil pressure sending unit simultaneously.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Is there any chance to get the gauge in a single or half-DIN panel? Like many others I junked the factory HU, went to a single-DIN unit and have a DIN-sized pocket under the new HU.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.