LegacyGT.com

News: 09 Forester rendering rumor

IwannaSportSedan

Posted on Autoblog, Straigtline, from NASIOC source.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/11/forester_sketch_450-op.jpg

Autoblog Link

If this is the new, new nose, why the hell has it taken so long.

This is better looking than the impreza Schnozz by far, better than the new Tribeca, as well.

If the next Legacy gets design cues from anything, this would be it.

I don't want a Forester, but I do like the look, and wonder where it has been until now?

It will probably get a similar dash to the new WRX... which I believe are white and red lit, like the Legacy... but I am not positive.

THe drawing might be somewhat stylized...

But this doesn't look like a precursor to the design process... it looks like someone drew a representation of a real vehicle that they saw, to get past the official photograph embargo.

it has photochopped B11S wheels, chopped subaru emblem, and grille mesh, but the rendered headlights and foglights look like they are impressions of real parts, not imagination.

But I could be wrong.

I like the angles on the front end. above the bumper is raked back, and angular, but simple, below the bumper, it rakes back and under, not billboard flat on the front.

Aside from some weird angular curves, the new impreza is too flat. The headlights and grille are flat vertically, and the bumper cover extends out a few inches, and then vertical to the ground. No rake at all.

The Legacy is similarly raked on the front end, (although 08+ doesn't rake under below the bumper line... which looks worse than 05-07.) but the flat vertical area of the front bumper is enough vertical area. I'd have preferred less. The JDM larger Spec B grilles cut down into some of that, which is one reason they look better.

If the picture above is accurate, the new forester is going to look sportier from the front that just about any current or recent subaru, except perhaps the sportier Legacys, and someone deserves credit, and a promotion, to make sure that the rest of the lineup gets more attractive, not less.

Lord knows that the recent designs for the Tribeca and Impreza are not winners, even if some have brought themselves to tolerate them. I can't say they have grown on me.

Usually things like car design hits me positive or negative. if it is indifferent to me at first it might grow on me, but hardly ever does a negative first impression turn into a positive one over time.

Legacy similarly hit me very positively in 04-05, when I first saw the new JDM Legacy at that time. This forester hits me positively now, provided that it is realistic. Although I don't need an SUV, so it doesn't matter as much to me, practically.

Looks hot.....

At least we have it in a wagon bodyframe!!!

And it is made in Japan, heck a lot better than our Indiana built babies....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Pretty sure it's still true.. the engine and the transmissions all come from Japan however the body (Tribeca and Legacy are done at the plant in Indiana) Sucks I was in IN and I did not have my GPS with me and I could not find the plant however they said you can't miss it from the road :lol:

I'm pretty certain that the rendering above has no resemblence to the actual car that we'll see in a few months.

If you follow the actual thread on NASIOC where this pic was posted you'll see that it was the work of a poster instead of an actual "leaked" photo/rendering.

If that is the case, and this is unrelated to the ACTUAL Forester redesign, then Subaru needs to hire that person and me.

Between someone capable of rendering that design (better than current production Subaru results), and what I would do with my druthers for Subaru product planning, and their already good engineering continuing to move forward....

Subaru might actually increase some marketshare. :D :D :D

I like it -- it looks like a Merc R-Class.

Stylistically, I've liked that wagon/SUV blend. But I like my cars a bit lower and sportier - that class is more floaty and bloated, IMHO.

If the Forester looks like that when it comes out, I might be able to convince my wife that its worth a look. She's more an SUV-style gal and the Tribeca doesn't appeal to her -> she's thinking more along the lines of a Highlander hybrid or a CX-9. It's her car, so my job is just to negotiate the deal on what she decides she wants! :wub::rolleyes:

Archived