LegacyGT.com

08 Tribeca facelift pic

erito

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much better. The grill looks better here than on the new Impreza. Still a little Chrysler Pacifica like, but I'll be in the market for a 7 seater soon and now I will consider this.
Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

Wow, That's alot better. If it looked like that last year my wife would have got one. I couldn't get her past the old front end. She got a Pacifica. We got a year and a half left on her lease.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Does look better...now address the lack of power;)

They did the New flat 6 is a 3.6l that makes 256hp at 6000 rpms and 247 lbs-ft torque at 4400 rpm instead of the 3l that made 247hp and 215 lbs-ft of torque. It 10 to 15% better fuel efficiency and runs on unleaded. It's all in the May 2007 Motor Trend.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Really the LGT 2.5 turbo make more power down low. Our torque peaks at 3200 rpms. But when we drove the Tri last year it wasn't a dog. We will just have to wait and see.

Meh...

Now it looks like every KIA SUV out there.

At least the last version was distinctive.

+100 :eek:

As I read through this thread I thought everyone else was going nuts. I do not like the front end at all...looks like a ford freelander. I am not saying the current Tri is sexy, but it is definitely more bold.

Spec B , no the rear view mirrors are huge on the current Tribeca aswell.

What they really have to do something about is the pricing... a 7seat Tribeca cost 70.000 USD here in Sweden. I can get two Mitsubishi Outlander (new) for that. Or a BMW X5.

WOW!!!!

you can get great deals on them in the U.S.

Here is one on eBay right now, I bet you could take it home for 28k or less

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Tribeca-7-psngr-LTD-New-Never-Titled-7-psngr-LTD-at-Deep-Discount_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ149423QQitemZ200089544944QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I like it. The problem with the small SUV (crossover) segment is that they all blend. Try and do something out of the norm and you will pay for it as the Tribeca did. This is a good redesign for the segment.

Spec B , no the rear view mirrors are huge on the current Tribeca aswell.

What they really have to do something about is the pricing... a 7seat Tribeca cost 70.000 USD here in Sweden. I can get two Mitsubishi Outlander (new) for that. Or a BMW X5.

Really? I park right next to my wife's tribeca every night..I always thought the mirrors looked almost exactly the same...maybe it is the scale that throws me off. I will measure tonight! :)

$70,000 US!? wow..I got my 5 passenger limited for about $33,000 with Navi.

Saw it....once again, when will they address the lack of power??

I was personally expecting a whole lot more out of the 3.6 say 280hp/270ftlb

In due time....maybe.

Kinda looks like a Ford and def. better looking than the new WRX.

C'MON... post the pic!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/tribeca.jpg

interesting. I thought it was a hyundai. I had to do a triple-take when I saw the name Subaru attached.

Does it not look like a santa-fe?

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/images/vehicle/santafe/gallery/asset_upload_file866_15281.jpg

The grille line that wraps the hood character line around is a different trick. But look at those BARN DOOR mirrors.

The wheels suck. The moonroof is far too small (forester and Legacy/Outback wagons have HUGE ones... why not Tribeca?)

Quote from Car and Drive:

Increasing both bore and stroke has resulted in a 3.6-liter engine, a growth of 0.6-liter, with substantial gains in power and torque. The new engine produces 256 horsepower at 6000 rpm versus 250 at 6600 in the previous engine. But torque now peaks at 247 pound-feet at 4400 rpm versus 219 at 4200, and about 180 pound-feet is now available at engine speeds as low as 1200 rpm.

I think that's what Tribeca needs.

Archived