LegacyGT.com

p0302 code, but car runs fine. help!

hello, i just went stage 2 and put an act hdss and lwfw, first had a cel of engine missifire 1 2 3&4, cleared the codes and is good for about 25 miles, cel came back on and now engine missfire #2 with the code of p0302, any ideas maybe a bad injector? or may this be caused by the lwfw?

Not sure why but after my clutch/lwfw install i had a misfire code for 3 and 4 cleared them then 3 came back and cleared it again. It hasn't came back in a few weeks so not sure what the deal was but i read a few threads on here where others were having the same issues after install.

• 4 weeks later...
I just had my timing belt done 2 weeks ago along with the plugs, out of nowhere I get this code and p0304, car is running fine as well...had it reset and will see if it comes back...just bought this car so I'm hoping for nothing serious

I just had my timing belt done 2 weeks ago along with the plugs, out of nowhere I get this code and p0304, car is running fine as well...had it reset and will see if it comes back...just bought this car so I'm hoping for nothing serious

does it seem to only run rough or throw a cel on cold morning starts?

It doesn't seem to run rough ever to me, I've only had it for the cold weather months so maybe I don't know what rough is? If it was a bad misfire I feel like I would notice it. The only issue I've had was the hesitation under wot near 3k in 2nd and 3rd gears which seems to be improved with the new plugs.

Lwfw and crank pulleys have caused misfire codes on Subarus for a loooooooonnnnnnnnng time. It has to do with the fact that reducing the rotating mass reduces the inertia and allows the engine speed to fluctuate enough between firing impulses to trick the pcm into thinking a misfire occurred. Misfire codes can be tuned out, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Archived