LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Just decided to do this today - I am absolutely in love with it. Ever since I got my car I wanted to make it sound better but just couldn't bring myself to spend $500 for it. My dad had some extra washers in his garage so the entire thing was free! Awesome mod - perfect sound!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just did this mod last week with 3 washers on each bolt and find the drone between 2000-3000rpm very annoying! At idle and above 3000rpm, it sounds fantastic! I'm really on the fence about this mod. Love the rumble, but the drone is killing me (since I usualy drive between 2-3k often). I think I'll put 1 washer in and see what the outcome it.

I just did this mod last week with 3 washers on each bolt and find the drone between 2000-3000rpm very annoying! At idle and above 3000rpm, it sounds fantastic! I'm really on the fence about this mod. Love the rumble, but the drone is killing me (since I usualy drive between 2-3k often). I think I'll put 1 washer in and see what the outcome it.

Hmm, that's weird. I have 4 washers on each bolt and I don't get drone whatsoever...

My old RSX with 2.75" straight back w/ race header... now that was drone!

I actually went from 2 washers to 4 and I wish I would have gone with 4 form the start, it sounds awesome and not very loud at all! For reference I have CNT catted dp, stock midpipe and stock cans.

Hmm, that's weird. I have 4 washers on each bolt and I don't get drone whatsoever...

My old RSX with 2.75" straight back w/ race header... now that was drone!

I actually went from 2 washers to 4 and I wish I would have gone with 4 form the start, it sounds awesome and not very loud at all! For reference I have CNT catted dp, stock midpipe and stock cans.

I put 1 washer on each bolt yesterday and its still got a bit of a drone, but not as much as before. I think its much more bearable now.

For reference, I have an Invidia catted DP, stock midpipe and stock cans. I think in the long run I might get a muffler shop to install a pair of custom cans. I'll see how I like this setup for the next few months.

• I Donated Too
Just got back form the muffler shop (had to have the bolts torched) and am now officially a stage 2 hog-zawst convert. Love the sound AND the price. Even the guy at the shop was pleasantly surprised. Thanks Hogmeat!

I put 1 washer on each bolt yesterday and its still got a bit of a drone, but not as much as before. I think its much more bearable now.

For reference, I have an Invidia catted DP, stock midpipe and stock cans. I think in the long run I might get a muffler shop to install a pair of custom cans. I'll see how I like this setup for the next few months.

FWIW, I'm catless with Invidia pipes and stock mid and cans and have no drone. WIth 2 washers.

You may want to think about a muffler where the mid pipe and resinator are and do muffler deletes with nice chrome tips.

My 09 Spec is mufflerless with stock exhaust, sounds great at Cobb stage1.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just got 8 washers from home depot for $1.20 :cool: to put them on tomorrow morning! Excited to see what it will sound like! The only mod I got on the exhaust is a sti downpipe...

You should spray the rubber hangers with some PB Blaster and remove the mufflers and start the car. You may like it. If not put them back on and add the washers.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

holyyy shytt!! what a sound! hahaha:lol:!!! I just love my legacy gt even more! :rolleyes:

Well the bolts were so rusted that I had to take my car to my uncles shop to get them removed. He sprayed them with PB blaster and use the pneumatic pistol. Took some time but finally my uncle got them out. Put on 2 washers on each bolt and I love itttt! Im even getting a bit more of respect on the road since a couple of guys doubted to race me haha:p:p kiddin'

will post a vid so you guys can check it out. Oh and I just spent 13 bucks including labor and the bolts.

**Update**

Heres a short clip :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghKdci3Gbg]Subaru Legacy GT exhaust sound - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Brunex
Video Added

Yeah i mean it sounds great (for me a 16 year old with high testosterone levels) but i watched some vids and they were using washers.

The reason im worried because when i really get my leggy going, i can her the turbo spool up like before but now theres like a flapping/whistling noise. But at slow speeds and normal cruising it sounds amazing.

Any reasoning for this?

Ok here is my 3.0R hogzaust stage II

filmed it when moving as it sounds different when i rev without being in gear and i wanted the sound to be representative of what you'd normally hear when driving the car around.

enjoy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zob8EDHamY&feature=g-upl]Hog-zawst stage 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Hi my friendz tell me that if you feed many washer thru the airfilter while then engine is running it will shape the exhaust valves to make the boxerrumble again. Itz cool to try this?

Yeah i mean it sounds great (for me a 16 year old with high testosterone levels) but i watched some vids and they were using washers.

The reason im worried because when i really get my leggy going, i can her the turbo spool up like before but now theres like a flapping/whistling noise. But at slow speeds and normal cruising it sounds amazing.

Any reasoning for this?

Typically messing with the intake or exhaust will result in a lot more noise... Emphasizing the turbo spool, BPV noise, and wastegate.

Hi my friendz tell me that if you feed many washer thru the airfilter while then engine is running it will shape the exhaust valves to make the boxerrumble again. Itz cool to try this?

Well that certainly is one way to increase the noise level from your Legacy :eek: but I suspect it might only work short term. :(

Ok here is my 3.0R hogzaust stage II

filmed it when moving as it sounds different when i rev without being in gear and i wanted the sound to be representative of what you'd normally hear when driving the car around.

enjoy

Hog-zawst stage 2 - YouTube

Fun vid;

1) didn't know they offered the 3.0R in wagon format (looks like your camera is posted on the tailgate)

2) Interesting, but that definitely sounds very VERY different than the boxer rumble from the 2.5T.

Neat :)